Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Memory subverting [idea]

Posted by dan3008 
Memory subverting [idea]
July 13, 2009 03:19PM
Ok, don't know if this is possible but I think it is.
Is it possible to have an app that plays a game disk but when saving instead of saving to he wii system memory saves to the SD card? I would look into coding this myself but i have no coding experience. well please let me know if this is possible. thanks

dan
Re: Memory subverting [idea]
July 13, 2009 03:21PM
It MAY be possible, by patching the game loader to use SD in place of NAND, but I'd say it would be tricky, otherwise surely someone would have done it by now. But I hope I'm wrong and someone comes along and does this. It would be pretty cool.
July 13, 2009 07:44PM
SifJar
It MAY be possible, by patching the game loader to use SD in place of NAND
I think changing an IOS would be the saner Idea. It could catch all games that use that IOS at once, and all games already use IOS for that.
Otherwise one would have to replace or redirect every call in the game to SD-functions.
July 13, 2009 07:49PM
OK, that would make more sense. Soz, I'm not too knowledgable on the subject. But could we theoretically create a cIOS (a legal one, of course, probably using patchmii or something), and install it and then games would save to SD instead of NAND? Or we could make it USB I guess? Also, would it be possible to do this to the System Menu IOS, allowing loadng of channels such as VC games and wiiware from SD or USB? Sorry if thats stupid, I'm just getting carried away ;)
July 14, 2009 03:01PM
However it would need to be able to be turned on and off at will or games could not be played from system memory.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login