Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Keep Sensor Bar On When Powered Off

Posted by HyperHacker 
Keep Sensor Bar On When Powered Off
July 20, 2009 12:17AM
I've been trying to hack the sensor bar to run off a 12V power supply for using the Wiimotes with my PC, but for some reason it just refuses to work. Nintendo's changed the laws of electricity or something. The alternative is to leave the Wii on all the time I'm using it, but that just seems like a good way to waste electricity, burn out the fan, etc.
Someone must be able to hack whatever program it is that runs in sleep mode to keep the sensor bar on? That'd be a lot easier than rewiring and having to switch plugs all the time.
Re: Keep Sensor Bar On When Powered Off
July 20, 2009 12:29AM
My guess is that the Wii does not allow current flow to the sensor bar when it is turned off. Maybe simply soldering a new path for the current to flow to the sensor bar would fix that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2009 12:30AM by Arikado.
July 20, 2009 02:11AM
You could always buy a "wireless" sensor bar or create you own with infrared lights. If it's worth your time/money, that is.
July 20, 2009 05:54AM
Wireless ones are terribly expensive, and I don't know if a pair of LEDs would be bright enough considering the stock one has 5 per side (and I don't have 10 laying around). I tried to make up my own plug for the stock one but it just refuses to work... is there something more to it than just connecting the pins on the inside? I don't want to go opening it (don't have the tools) or cutting the cord (a nightmare I'm sure).

A hardmod to keep it on might not be too bad, if it's really necessary.
August 05, 2009 05:13PM
Why do you actually need to have sensor bar on?
August 05, 2009 06:14PM
He wants it for use with computer, as said in original post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login