Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Remote finder

Posted by Yerffej 
Wii Remote finder
August 02, 2009 09:08AM
Sometimes, I'm in the middle of playing a game, and the phone rings or I have to use the bathroom. When I come back to play the game, the wiimote is gone. Where is it? I spend ten minutes looking for it, wasting valuable time for game-playing.

That's where this idea comes in. I load up the Wiimote finder app, it makes all connected remotes beep or make some sort of noise, and I find my wiimote in seconds.

I understand this would probably only work with wiimotes that are already on, but it would be useful under certain circumstances.
Re: Wii Remote finder
August 02, 2009 09:24AM
I like the idea, but if I remember correctly, libogc doesn't have much in the way of support for the Wii remote speaker... but you could use rumble.
One other issue is that generally, for me at least, the Wii remotes time out and disconnect within a minute or so after last use.
August 02, 2009 05:31PM
I love this idea.

Like phoenix said, there isn't any support for the wiimote speaker yet, but we could use rumble if that's all right with you.

BTW, phoenix, the wiimote timeout is handled by libogc and is fully customizable (via some function calls) when the wii remote un-syncs.
August 02, 2009 07:29PM
Thats hilarious but yet a good idea, I don't know about incorporating it with Nintendo games at this point, but for home brew apps you could have it flash and rumble, but how to initiate it would be difficult because you don't have the wiimote to initiate and commands.
August 02, 2009 08:00PM
I was thinking you could use the buttons on the wii console or the gamecube controller.
August 03, 2009 02:55AM
Arikado
BTW, phoenix, the wiimote timeout is handled by libogc and is fully customizable (via some function calls) when the wii remote un-syncs.
Hmmm, I will have to investigate that, then.
August 03, 2009 04:51AM
Buttons on the wii console, mid (nintendo) game might not work too well, power button and reset wouldn't work, and eject would eject the disk. Gc makes the most logical sense.
August 03, 2009 07:41PM
plus you would need something that would allow you to navigate away from the program you were using (when nature called) and navigate into the wiimote finder program...
August 03, 2009 10:10PM
I think the idea is that the wii remote finder app is in the background, not a seperate app.
August 03, 2009 11:33PM
Well, that would leed us into patching/multitasking/hook territory
August 03, 2009 11:45PM
Indeed, but otherwise, it would be less useful. Perhaps this function could be added to libogc, so that all homebrew compiled after its added has the function without need for patching? Just an idea, dunno if its even possible, I'm not exactly a programmer.
August 03, 2009 11:49PM
I still love the idea but, there seem to be so many pitfalls... so, my suggestion:

1) Buy a key finder.
2) Strap/tape receiver to Wii Remote.
3) Strap/tape emitter to Wii console/TV.
4) Party?
:P
August 04, 2009 11:21AM
Err, why are we in the "while using Nintendo software" mode. It won't be very possible to use this during Wii-software play.

Homebrew, fine. Any homebrew software could implement this...
August 04, 2009 04:26PM
master5o1
Err, why are we in the "while using Nintendo software" mode. It won't be very possible to use this during Wii-software play.

Homebrew, fine. Any homebrew software could implement this...
This (read my mind).
August 05, 2009 05:45AM
i don't think anyone was in the "while using Nintendo software" mode.
I think it was pretty clear we were talking about while using homebrew...

but yes, individual developers could put that feature in their games...
August 05, 2009 11:28PM
August 17, 2009 06:51AM
You guys are working Too hard, when we have a simple free way, that requires no coding!

how 'bout this, put the wii mote on top of the TV before you leave...

Then when you come back, Wow! its on the TV!

Or..

even better put it on the wii it's self!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 07:03AM by aujakev.
August 17, 2009 04:05PM
Wowz... U has som AAA readering skillz broskie.
August 17, 2009 05:56PM
Wowz... U has som AAA readering skillz broskie.

lol

You could just take it to the bathroom with you too... isn't that what the strap is for????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 05:57PM by mdbrim.
August 17, 2009 08:33PM
mdbrim

You could just take it to the bathroom with you too... isn't that what the strap is for????

Just rember to wash ur hands after!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login