Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NAND.bin builder

Posted by SifJar 
NAND.bin builder
August 12, 2009 06:44PM
Would it be possible to build a PC app that can build a NAND.bin? For example, you give it soem IOS WADs, a System Menu WAD and some system channels like photo and mii channel as WADs, all obtained with NUSD, and it builds them into a NAND.bin, and encrypts it to your Wii with betwiin. Then you could make a 4.0 System, with all trucha patched IOS, and install it. Of course, you'd lose all downloaded titles, savegames and miis, but the last two could be bypassed with savegame manager and mii manager I think. And if you bought a new wii, this would be perfect. Just build a NAND, install BootMii and flash the new NAND. Would it be possible to do it, legally?
Re: NAND.bin builder
August 12, 2009 07:22PM
I see no reason why it couldn't be done.
Re: NAND.bin builder
August 12, 2009 07:51PM
I mean, there could be downsides, it would probably only be useful if you were bricked and couldn't find a NAND dump suitable to convert with betwiin, but it may be useful. The downside would be that it would mean losing saves and miis and channels, so wouldn't really be a good option for getting trucha bug back on 4.0, and current methods would be better.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login