Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mac version of NUSD

Posted by TopGun96 
Re: Mac version of NUSD
August 31, 2009 01:05AM
As far as NUS WAD Packer goes, just get python 2.6 (not 3), and run the script using the command line. Python is interpreted, it doesn't need to be compiled. You may need some libraries as well, such as AES Pycrypto or PIL or wxpython. Google those, there should be packages for all of them, packages meaning user friendly installation. The gba temp link above has the NUS WAD Packer source.

You can also download Wii.py off of the wiki and use the code in the "Usage" section, which happend to be for NUS WAD downloading. Copy the code into a file, name it "MyApp.py", place it in the Wii.py folder and run it via the command line, i.e.«python MyApp.py».
September 01, 2009 11:53PM
Tempus
run the script using the command line

Sorry but..... how?

AES Pycrypto or PIL or wxpython

Can't seem to find the mac versions of these anywhere...

Copy the code into a file, name it "MyApp.py", place it in the Wii.py folder and run it via the command line, i.e.«python MyApp.py».

Once again... how?
September 02, 2009 05:51PM
...he told you how. Once python is installed, navigate to the location of the script in a terminal, and type "python .py" (replacing with the script name, obviously)
September 02, 2009 10:25PM
i then get this:

-bash: nus: command not found
September 03, 2009 06:17PM
why did you type nus? Type EXACTLY "python {filename}.py" for example, if the file is called nus.py, type "python nus.py", after having navigated to the directory nus.py is in.
September 05, 2009 12:49AM
alright now i get a: > what is this asking for me to do. (sorry)
September 05, 2009 12:56AM
Dang! now i get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "nus wadpacker.py", line 8, in
import os, wx, shutil, sys, threading
ImportError: No module named wx

I had it working (i think) then this happens.
September 05, 2009 10:20AM
Hmm, do you have wii.py installed? It's a python library, found on WiiBrew wiki that NUS WAD Packer uses. It probably needs to be installed.

EDIT: BTW, you need PyCrypto, WxPython and Python Imaging Library (PIL) to use it. Install all of them and wii.py, then NUS WAD Packer should work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2009 01:09PM by SifJar.
September 05, 2009 11:28PM
could you please give links to the mac versions of those (PyCrypto, WxPython and Python Imaging Library)

Sorry, but how do you install the wii.py file?
September 06, 2009 12:38AM
I dont know. I have never used Python in my life, so I really can't help very much I'm afraid.
September 06, 2009 12:40AM
alright thanks anyway
September 06, 2009 12:43AM
Here's links to all of those other libraries, all of which have Mac OS binary installers:

[wiki.wxpython.org]
[mac.softpedia.com]
[effbot.org]

I'm not 100% sure how to install wii.py, you could try asking on irc, channel #wii.py

EDIT: BTW, here's a link to wii.py : [wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 12:44AM by SifJar.
September 06, 2009 01:04AM
ohhhh... I give up i cant seem to get anything to work....
September 06, 2009 02:46AM
yeah, I can get wii.py to run, HOWEVER... I have no clue how to use it, and I'm horrible with python, so it's a tad useless to me. I'm also having problems with zlib and WADder 3.0 but I don't expect much help for that here
September 06, 2009 06:56AM
Mac NUS WAD Packer binary: [tinyurl.com]

Note: 10.4+ needed. INTEL ONLY, if you have a PPC mac then get out of the stone age, then run this later. Thanks.

Thanks to 11rcombs for the compilation and to SquidMan, megazig, Matt_P, TheLemonMan, |Omega, and me for Wii.py.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 06:58AM by icefire.
September 06, 2009 08:01AM
*facepalm* forgot about the whole PPC mac thing. Sorry for not having money to buy a new computer just so I could run a trivial piece of software (although I do love that app)
September 06, 2009 02:36PM
Thanks icefire but you obviously didn't read the entire topic. I do have a PPC and it is pretty dang fast... Sorry but none of these work for me...
September 09, 2009 01:38AM
hey Topgun96 follow the Linux instructions, get the source code, and use Python to run channelmaker.py and you'll have a PPC version. In a little bit I'll try to make a .app though

EDIT: wait... I think I posted this in the wrong topic... meh, useful information and it kinda has bearing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2009 01:38AM by cactusjack901.
Mac Version of NUSD
December 06, 2009 03:17AM
I think this would help lots of users that don't have access to a computer running windows. Does anybody else like this idea?
Re: Mac Version of NUSD
December 06, 2009 03:25AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login