Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii: Autoboot Selected DOL

Posted by erikspyder 
BootMii: Autoboot Selected DOL
August 13, 2009 05:17PM
Automatically load (and run) a DOL on SD Card!
Re: BootMii: Autoboot Selected DOL
August 13, 2009 06:03PM
Well, because BootMii runs under MINI, not IOS, no current homebrew can be run by it, therefore this would currently be absoulutely pointless. When there is some decent MINI homebrew, or in fact ANY MINI homebrew, maybe this feature will get added.
August 13, 2009 09:30PM
Currently the only released MINI apps are MIKE,(Linux kernel running under MINI) and comex's NAND FS formatter. MINI apps are .elf, not .dol. Loading IOS is difficult, I don't think even Bootmii menu does it.(There's MINI code to patch and bootstrap boot2 to run any title.) I tried loading IOS with my MINI app, and after a few seconds a syscall is executed, executing MINI exception handlers.(No clue why SRAM 0xffff0000 isn't being overwritten...) The only other way of loading IOS(other than a MINI app) is replacing the Bootmii menu and MINI.(ppcboot.elf and armboot.bin.)
August 14, 2009 12:46AM
If this existed then I would no longer need preloader, except to add hacks which could also be loaded through bootmii, they should have a "preloading" app that comes right after bootmii (that would be optional) it could load .dols and hacks!
August 14, 2009 10:24AM
ninjafish1990
If this existed then I would no longer need preloader, except to add hacks which could also be loaded through bootmii, they should have a "preloading" app that comes right after bootmii (that would be optional) it could load .dols and hacks!

and for those who can't install bootMii as boot2???
August 14, 2009 08:46PM
preloader comes right after bootmii if you have both installed, and does everything you want, so I dont really see the point in team twiizers wasting time creating their own software, which does exactly the same thing, when they could be working on other, more important things. Like a better solution for those with an invulnerable boot1.
August 14, 2009 08:50PM
SifJar
Like a better solution for those with an invulnerable boot1.

I've got an idea here
August 14, 2009 08:52PM
Yeah, many have suggested that before, but I think that because BootMii is not a .dol file, that may well not work. However, there was talk of it being made the System Menu IOS, which would probably be the best thing possible for people with fixed boot1.
August 15, 2009 12:46AM
SifJar
preloader comes right after bootmii if you have both installed, and does everything you want, so I dont really see the point in team twiizers wasting time creating their own software, which does exactly the same thing, when they could be working on other, more important things. Like a better solution for those with an invulnerable boot1.
True for us in the scene early, it is not a benefit, I too load preloader after bootmii, but for the noobs coming in it might be nice.
August 15, 2009 11:47AM
I dont have either. But anyway, I really don't think there is any need for Team Twiizers to make another version of something which already exists. They can just say, go install preloader, save themselves a lot of time, and therefore have more time to develop other stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login