Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An iPod player app

Posted by jespertje 
An iPod player app
August 13, 2009 11:47PM
A while ago I saw that a certain version of linux for the wii was able to play files off an iPod, i believe a programm called "podplayer". Could it be possible to code one app just for that, or is it possible to integrate such a thing in Mplayer? It is such a pain to boot the whole linux system just to play something from an iPod.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2009 11:47PM by jespertje.
Re: An iPod player app
August 14, 2009 12:43AM
Why not just enable disk mode and play them like a USB hard drive, the names wont match up but it will work as a workaround until an app exists.
August 14, 2009 08:48PM
Its not possible to access iTunes synced songs in USB mode. But I think currently the only way to play iPod music is through that linux distro. However, there is no real reason I see why a dedicated app couldn't be written.
August 15, 2009 12:48AM
SifJar
Its not possible to access iTunes synced songs in USB mode. But I think currently the only way to play iPod music is through that linux distro. However, there is no real reason I see why a dedicated app couldn't be written.
Yes it is, ther are in a hidden folder, open your ipod on your computer and look in the folders or do a search of the drive and have it "include hidden and system files', you will find all of your .mp3's and the author and album, the name will just be some random characters to prevent sharing.
August 15, 2009 07:56AM
this is true, and as long as your song files have the correct IDv2 or v3 information you can sort them by artists and albums or whatever.
could there be an app made that recognises the ID tags?
August 15, 2009 11:44AM
Really? Then why do you need apps like YamiPod to copy songs off iPods?
August 15, 2009 11:48AM
you don't need them but they probably make it a lot easier
August 15, 2009 11:51AM
Huh, I read that with current iPods you do need them. First generation ones could be done the way you said, but the article I read said that doesn't work anymore.
August 15, 2009 12:06PM
oh then you might be right. my ipod was a 30gb one, the first one that played video (ipod video?) and it could be done the way described above. alas i lost it about a month ago :(
August 16, 2009 05:55AM
I have a Classic 160 GIG (6th Generation and most current) and i do not need it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login