Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

P2P internet TV App

Posted by Liver_gone 
P2P internet TV App
August 16, 2009 04:47PM
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an app, or if it is possible to make one, that can stream p2p internet tv and display it on your television screen?
It would be great for watching sports and other shows that arent televised on normal tv.
There are programs like sopcast, TVants, TVU, UUSee, PPstream that do this on PC. Could this kind of thing be brought to homebrew?
Re: P2P internet TV App
August 16, 2009 04:56PM
[www.hulu.com] - No fancy homebrew needed (provided you can connect a video out on your pc to a video in on your tv) :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2009 04:57PM by Arikado.
August 16, 2009 05:00PM
Arikado
http://www.hulu.com - No fancy homebrew needed (provided you can connect a video out on your pc to a video in on your tv) :-)
And you live in US.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2009 05:00PM by SifJar.
August 16, 2009 05:18PM
SifJar
Arikado
http://www.hulu.com - No fancy homebrew needed (provided you can connect a video out on your pc to a video in on your tv) :-)
And you live in US.
Yup (and judging by his IP address - so does the poster)

Sorry, I know it doesn't work outside of the US. I was just trying to help out the poster.
October 26, 2009 05:42AM
i have been trying the same thing myself and have found that with mplayer it has a internet tv option under shoutcast i have been working on a way to add custom address to the list to get other internet streams to play on my tv via the wii homebrew mplayer app
November 24, 2009 10:31AM
For users in the uk isnt there now a channel by bbc iplayer??? click here for more info
November 24, 2009 09:58PM
Fine for those of us in the UK, not so good for those in America or other countries (majority of users of this forum).
November 28, 2009 03:25AM
Proxy workaround, anyone? :D
November 29, 2009 06:44PM
slyfox299
Proxy workaround, anyone? :D

you would also have to WAD install iPlayer Channel which is illegal and very much against the rules of this forum for discussion.
November 29, 2009 10:23PM
Correctly stated. Or if it was downloaded with NUS Downloader, packed, then installed, would that still be against the rules? Since you aren't distributing it(the iPlayer wad) and you are using a tool released by Wiibrew...

Please correct me if I said something that is still wrong or illegal or not supported. Thanks!

Then, the question is this: How to do the proxy. This isn't so tough if you are behind a router, but still...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2009 10:24PM by slyfox299.
November 29, 2009 11:19PM
NUSD wont download the ticket (in fact I believe the ticket is not on NUS, but is instead generated at run time on the Wii - not 100% sure about this), so you cannot just WAD it and install it, install will fail as there is no ticket.
November 30, 2009 06:00PM
Ah, the ticket issue. I see. I figured if it was a free channel for UK, then maybe there wouldn't be tickets. Thanks and sorry for the mixup...
November 30, 2009 08:07PM
The reason it is a UK only channel, is that the public pay the BBC a license fee to watch there broadcasts. So surely even discussing a workaround would be against the rules of the forum too
November 30, 2009 10:50PM
uglymonkey
The reason it is a UK only channel, is that the public pay the BBC a license fee to watch there broadcasts. So surely even discussing a workaround would be against the rules of the forum too

Very true.

And slyfox: ALL channels have tickets, regardless of whether they are free or not.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login