Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Guitars on Fire is good, GuitarFun sucks, but Frets on Fire is awesome! [A Request]

Posted by GrungeKid17 
What I can't really comprehend is why this hasn't ben ported to the Wii. It has to be open source since GoF and GF run off its source code (I think). So why can't someone port it? It has little to none lag, and actualy plays every song you add to it, unlike GF and GoF. I'm not saying GoF is bad (GF is though), but why hasn't someone ported FoF since it is the superior GH clone?

Also, if someone does eventualy decide to port it, the skinnable DSAlaran Mod is probably to best version to port. :)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Frets on Fire written in python?
but python was ported to the wii, so it could , /wiki/pylib
Once again, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Frets on Fire use Pygame which also needs to be ported to the wii (I think, but is certainly not sure)?
Re: Guitars on Fire is good, GuitarFun sucks, but Frets on Fire is awesome! [A Request]
September 05, 2009 05:38PM
IIRC, the python port isn't complete.
oh, i thought they ported the entire py lib
You CAN just rip the GH3 ISO off of your disc then use TheGHOST to get customs (yes, it requires Homebrew, no, I'm not allowed to go into detail on HOW you use homebrew to play it)
Re: Guitars on Fire is good, GuitarFun sucks, but Frets on Fire is awesome! [A Request]
September 06, 2009 12:53AM
Or, you can use RawkSD with Rock Band 2 to stick in custom DLC, meaning you dont need burnt discs at all. And its supported on WiiBrew.

EDIT: I know its not Guitar Hero, but its pretty close.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 12:53AM by SifJar.
September 11, 2009 12:27PM
Wait wait wait... you said that GoF doesn't play every song you throw at it? Which songs don't work? Because I haven't found a single song that fails to work yet. My aim is "better the FoF" so tell me what's wrong with GoF and I'll fix it :D
some songs cause a code dump, like GG&HT & Ten Speed
i don't know why, its the HMX chart, off the fof forums
September 23, 2009 03:37PM
@ Daid
I haven't had GoF on my Wii for quite some time now, so my memory on which ones don't work might be off. But one that wouldn't work for sure was one I downloaded from the FoF Forum. It's "Alive With the Glory of Love" by Say Anything. The note chart was way off sync with the music. Other than that some of the songs I had didn't play the music file. All I got was loud, annoying static.

@ SifJar
I have RawkSD but I can't get it to work... I exported the customs correctly but I can't install them. And I cant rip any of the songs from ANY of my Guitar Hero games for some reason. I thought it was my system menu (I run 4.0) but I have a friend running the latest system menu (4.1) and he was able to install and rip songs but they didn't show up on his RB2 game. So I'm not sure why mine isn't working...
September 23, 2009 07:34PM
I'm guessing you dont have a patched IOS37. You need to get trucha bug in any IOS (cant tell you how to do that here, I'm afraid) and then run dop-IOS MOD on that IOS and select to install IOS37 with all patches. Then RawkSD should work for you.
September 23, 2009 09:42PM
The static bug is solved in 1.0 for sure (playing whatever crap was left in the buffer if it didn't find a guitar.ogg was kinda bad).

There was also a rare bug that caused the music not to restart after you choose to start a song, but by removing the song preview this was also gone. (Rather be stable then feature rich) This was quite rare, but it might explain the desynced song you had.
@ SifJar
Send me an email explaining how to do that then.
GrungeKid17@gmail.com

@ Daid
Okay, I guess I'll redownload FoF and try it out.
Is the latest version of it on WiiBrew?
September 24, 2009 09:16PM
Latest version of GoF is always on Wiibrew, and the HBB seems to get updates really quick, so that also contains the latest version.
SifJar
I'm guessing you dont have a patched IOS37. You need to get trucha bug in any IOS (cant tell you how to do that here, I'm afraid) and then run dop-IOS MOD on that IOS and select to install IOS37 with all patches. Then RawkSD should work for you.

Anyone who can tell me how to do this, please send an email to Email Removed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2009 05:34PM by Arikado.
September 29, 2009 04:53AM
Arikado, you missed one..

GrungeKid17
@ SifJar
Send me an email explaining how to do that then.
XXXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com

@ Daid
Okay, I guess I'll redownload FoF and try it out.
Is the latest version of it on WiiBrew?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login