Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wiimote for our game cube games

Posted by etertay 
wiimote for our game cube games
September 22, 2009 03:16AM
as you already know the wii can play game-cube discs

but only with a game cube controller

how about an app that allows us to play game cube games with a wiimote!
Re: wiimote for our game cube games
September 22, 2009 03:19AM
Sorry, not possible.

Dude, seriously, all of your requests are impossible! lol, you have a gift. :P
September 22, 2009 03:23AM
maybie, but i keep trying

...i thought this one would work =|
September 22, 2009 03:38AM
I'm pretty sure that the reason this is not possible is because when you launch a gamecube game, it basically turns your wii into a gamecube. It locks out the hardware thats not present in the GC, and uses the same software the GC uses to run games.

Thus, you wouldn't be able to use a wiimote in a GC game. Sorry.
September 22, 2009 03:53AM
If we modified/recreated the thing (MIOS) that tells the proccesor to turn the wii onto a cube, it would be possible. However this is no easy feat. I beleive this to be true but am not sure.
September 22, 2009 03:21PM
Could be possible. I think it just means a major MIOS rewrite/cIOS to make stuff like this possible.
September 22, 2009 04:33PM
Not again...

MIOS starts gamecube games, and then does NOTHING.

Requirements for this is: Either emulate a gamecube, lol. Or 1. Run gamecube games in wii mode. 2. PATCH the .dol(s) of the game to accept GC and wii mote input.

About 1:
Not done yet, very complicated, not even a clear statement from somebody who knows what he is talking about, IF it is even theoretically possible.

About 2:
Have a lot of fun with that. Have more fun with the (s) in the statement. Also, it would some processing power, while the processing power is reduced to the same level as the GC has. ==> Some games could slow down because of this. Alternatively, you could handle the wii mote controls on the arm(would require patching as well), but that would be even more complicated, and would require you can do anything on the arm when running GC games. That is something else that nobody knows if it possible.
September 23, 2009 12:50AM
Thank you for clearing that up. I thought that MIOS was running the entire time. Sorry for the misinformation.
September 23, 2009 06:10AM
WiiPower
Not again...

thats because MIOS is part of the wii and when you play gamecube games the wii is basically a gamecube
am i right about this?
September 23, 2009 06:25PM
Yes, I think so. MIOS is Starlet code, which then launches a copy of the GC BIOS on the PPC chip. Then it restricts the memory and does nothing.
September 24, 2009 08:33AM
The GC did not have an arm processor, only the ppc. It wouldn't make sense if the arm would do anything while running GC and while having no advantages over a GC. Hmm, it's nintendo we are talking about...
October 13, 2009 02:18PM
I probably have no idea on the topic.
But ive been reading on it for a while, and then i am wondering, if the problem would be in the GC bios?
Since f.ex my computers Bios would not support a certain dvd-rom or such an expansion i would have to upgrade it(flash it)....
well i guess im just guessing the importance of the GC bios, then again i know that its probably not that what is the problem
October 13, 2009 05:03PM
October 14, 2009 06:54PM
WiiPower
Not again...

Requirements for this is: Either emulate a gamecube, lol. Or 1. Run gamecube games in wii mode. 2. PATCH the .dol(s) of the game to accept GC and wii mote input.

About 1:
Not done yet, very complicated, not even a clear statement from somebody who knows what he is talking about, IF it is even theoretically possible.

About 2:
Have a lot of fun with that. Have more fun with the (s) in the statement. Also, it would some processing power, while the processing power is reduced to the same level as the GC has. ==> Some games could slow down because of this. Alternatively, you could handle the wii mote controls on the arm(would require patching as well), but that would be even more complicated, and would require you can do anything on the arm when running GC games. That is something else that nobody knows if it possible.

wait a minute...emulating game-cube might weirdly be possible

let me explain, on the dolphin website (gc emulator website) it said that the reason emulating a game-cube on PC was so hard was because they had to "fake all of the game-cubes hardware with soft ware.

if im right the wii has the hard ware and emulating the cube would mean tapping into it and then using it.
October 15, 2009 12:43AM
etertay
wait a minute...emulating game-cube might weirdly be possible

let me explain, on the dolphin website (gc emulator website) it said that the reason emulating a game-cube on PC was so hard was because they had to "fake all of the game-cubes hardware with soft ware.

if im right the wii has the hard ware and emulating the cube would mean tapping into it and then using it.
No. Emulating any system requires at least three times the hardware specs of that system.
October 18, 2009 07:20AM
October 18, 2009 08:52AM
kingghaffari
why?
Put simply: they have different hardware, (like PS3 can't play ps2 games because of hardware) and you need to make the "virtual" hardware for the emulated console to use. If it's same hardware, you still need a compatability layer for saving and loading. I think.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login