Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rockband Instruments for Guitar Hero 3/World Tour/5

Posted by loony636 
Rockband Instruments for Guitar Hero 3/World Tour/5
September 24, 2009 06:02PM
I just bought my friend the Rock Band full instrument set with the expectation that, because of the situation with other consoles, the instruments would be compatible with World Tour (and then Guitar Hero 5 and all its little children). However, I was disappointed, and then perplexed by the fact that Guitar Hero instruments will work on Rock Band. The obvious reason is because the instruments use different methods to communicate with the Wii; Guitar Hero uses Bluetooth, whereas Rock Band uses USB. Given that there are now Homebrew applications which interface directly with the games themselves (mainly to inject custom DLC), would it be possible to create some Homebrew which allows you to use Rock Band instruments in Guitar Hero?

If that doesn't work, would it at least be possible to make some of the Guitar Hero Homebrew clones to use Rock Band instruments? Why aren't they currently supported?
Re: Rockband Instruments for Guitar Hero 3/World Tour/5
September 24, 2009 06:32PM
I think this would be useful, too. I don't know if its possible, though......
September 25, 2009 12:59AM
I might be wrong but I think that would require modifying the game's main.dol. Which (IIRC) has never been successfully done.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
September 26, 2009 12:49AM
As far as I know nobody knows how the RB USB instruments work. I couldn't find any information about them. If you can find information about someone who got the RB instruments to work with homemade software (PC or Wii) then please tell me and I'll see if I can add support for it in GuitarsOnFire
September 26, 2009 04:26PM
Frets on Fire works with Wii Rock Band guitar/drum kit/microphone, I believe out of the box too, though I don't have the instruments on hand to try it out at the moment.

AFAIK no Wii Homebrew supports them, but I would be happy to do some field research if you needed anything specific (since I've got my Homebrewed Wii handy, and I can physically go and get the instruments if need be).
September 28, 2009 12:40PM
Mmm, then they might act like an USB keyboard or USB gamepad. If you have linux running somewhere then it would be easier to dive into the details.

(The mic is just a simple USB mic for sure)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login