Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Idea for USB Power

Posted by BlindCamel 
Idea for USB Power
October 13, 2009 04:16AM
I was wondering if it might be possible to write some type of code or app that allows power to the usb ports while the system is off. I have many things i run or charge off of the usb ports and would like to be able to use them with out running my unit all the time.
Re: Idea for USB Power
October 13, 2009 05:21AM
I doubt it, power to the usb is probably off when the system is turned off. This is not usually controlled by software but is designed into the hardware power circuit.
October 13, 2009 02:10PM
probably alittle off topic, but im pretty sure that when the wii is on standby it gives out power to the USB.

since i have a USBHDD and it is powered through the USB, and it lights up when on standby.
but light turns off when the wii power is fully off. I understand that you want to power off your wii.
but my 2cents are that you might as well put it on standby.

Standby(orange light) Off(Red light) On(Green light)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 02:11PM by daisuke.
October 13, 2009 07:31PM
Yeah, in standby, the USB ports are active and you can charge away. But if the wii is off completely, no software is running, and therefore what you ask is impossible.
October 14, 2009 04:04AM
the wii is "off" so it cant run software but the usb ports still give power so thats what he wants
but the wii has to have a orange light when it is "off" or else the usb ports dont give power
October 18, 2009 07:29AM
Yeah. I thinkthis stuff has something to do with the IOS you are running. When i installed homebrew for the first time. My wii wouldnot go into standby, it would turn off. But after installing some new cIOS it standbys again.
October 19, 2009 05:16AM
ok ty all i guess my wii was not going into standby mode i played with some settings in preloader and now i have standby mode thank you for all the info. sorry for the stupid question !!
October 19, 2009 05:25AM
anyway to close this out since its useless?
October 19, 2009 02:51PM
BlindCamel
anyway to close this out since its useless?

Yeah but a mod has to do it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login