Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Request: NeoCD Redux (Neo Geo CD emu) proper port to Wii from GC

Posted by nightwishfan1 
Request: NeoCD Redux (Neo Geo CD emu) proper port to Wii from GC
October 13, 2009 06:01PM
Hi all. I figured I'd make this request, cause far as I can tell it's the only emulator on GC that hasnt been ported to Wii yet. Anyways I got no idea how to code myself and thus that's another reason I made the request. That and the fact the Neo Geo CD had a number of games that everyone should be able to enjoy without risking damage to their Wii console. Also the fact that I and certainly others are not really inclined to use apps like Gamecube Homebrew Launcher given the warning seen on it's wiibrew page, and knowing the inherent danger of messing with the Wiis MIOS.

Well thanks to anyone who takes up the request. To help whomever does I'll go, and track down the last known build of the emulator uploaded to tehskeen, and link to it here as it (from when i last checked, and as far as I know) contains source code material that would surely help in the sense that the work done prior wont have to be redone from scratch.

EDIT: As stated the last known compiled, and uploaded GC build of NeoCD Redux (to my knoweledge) with source code material [www.tehskeen.com]

Also a note for those who look at the link. For some reason it's just been shortened by the site to what you see when you view. Clicking will take you to where the last build of this emu for GC is located.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 06:23PM by nightwishfan1.
Re: Request: NeoCD Redux (Neo Geo CD emu) proper port to Wii from GC
October 30, 2009 04:59PM
So....I assume there's no interest in getting this emulator over from gamecube? Something I find odd since the Neo Geo CD supported a good bit of the arcade games that were too much for the Neo Geo home console to handle, and then some.
November 06, 2009 08:41PM
I may be wrong about this, but isn't there an app somewhere that lets you run GCN (Gamecube) Homebrew on the Wii?

If there is you could just use that app to run the emulator, in theory anyways.
November 06, 2009 10:07PM
Wait, its gamecube homebrew? In that case, you can already use it on Wii...
November 07, 2009 06:21AM
^^^Wait....You guys didnt read? I already stated I dont want to mess with the gamecube homebrew launcher. Possibly bricking my Wii with something that has a warning on it's wiibrew page is something I dont intend to do now, or in the forseeable future. Besides a good handful of the emulators we have were GC emulators that got ports.....So I dont quite get both of your points. Enlighten me if you could please as to why I should take a unnecessary risk.

Or perhaps Arikado you could answer some of my questions about the gamecube homebrew launcher for a change, like you could have when I posted a topic about it in the appropriate forum instead of junk yarding it like a prick. I'm sure you're the one who canned that topic, so you should know exactly which one it is, cause I'm not looking for it when it could've been dealt with and had answers given.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2009 06:25AM by nightwishfan1.
November 07, 2009 01:21PM
GC Homebrew Loader wont brick your wii, the worst it can do is kill GC mode. i.e. stop you playing actual GC games. But this is quite unlikely, and if it does happen, should be easily remedied.
November 07, 2009 01:58PM
Gamecube homebrew launcher does exactly and only what its name suggests: Launch homebrew in Gamecube mode. It makes no permanent or temporary changes to your wii system.

Edit: And no, I didn't carefully read your topic as I dont really care about it too much (sorry).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2009 01:59PM by Arikado.
November 07, 2009 02:08PM
Arikado
Gamecube homebrew launcher does exactly and only what its name suggests: Launch homebrew in Gamecube mode. It makes no permanent or temporary changes to your wii system.

Edit: And no, I didn't carefully read your topic as I dont really care about it too much (sorry).

Actually, it requires you to install a patched MIOS, so it does make a permanent change to the Wii system.
November 07, 2009 02:12PM
[wiibrew.org]
Actually, I was thinking of this /\
November 07, 2009 02:17PM
Oh. Well, that requires System Menu 3.0 or less, and you need to buy an SD Gecko and a GC action replay. With GC Homebrew Launcher, its free. And should work on any System Menu provided you have trucha bug.
November 07, 2009 03:12PM
Right, I feel like a moron now confusing both of them in my mind and whatnot :-P

Anyways, if anyone can get me the source to the emulator then I may be able to turn it into a Wii app in 3 seconds or less assuming recompilation under the updated devkitPPC works out perfectly.
November 08, 2009 01:07AM
This post [www.tehskeen.com] on tehskeen has the newest compiled GC build from some time ago, as well as source code. This is on my first post as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2009 01:11AM by nightwishfan1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login