Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New System Menu

Posted by kingghaffari 
New System Menu
October 13, 2009 10:56PM
I love bootmii, and preloader. But its getting really annoying turning on my wii, walking up to it, pressing reset (to go to the system menu), then pressing system menu on preloader. Although i can change some settings to bypass these, Ide rather have them stay. I cannot code, or design, or draw. But recently i thought of an idea for a new system menu. Which has plugins such as a disc loader, channels or tabs for the homebrew channel and the system menu. It can run homebrew, and wii channels. It could be sort of like freedom except with preloader and bootmii, a better (cough) disc loader, better channel, and homebrew capabilities. It would be preloader with a fancier GUI, with addons. It would be like having gecko OS/Backup launcher as your system menu. And it could have bootmii recovery added it. Any one catching on? I know its a big favor, but if this is possible it would potentially the biggest wii program there is, every one would have it. We can do it, because most of it is already in other programs. We just have to put it together and organize it. It could be called Worganize menu, or Organizemii menu (OMM). Im not sure. Although i dont know much, because it wont completely replace the system menu, it needs to be injected into boot2, but still needs to have a .dol/elf file and a folder in the sd card. Am i right?
So i'de like to see what happens!
Re: New System Menu
October 13, 2009 11:00PM
Just install BootMii/boot2, and preloader. Then have preloader autoboot Gecko OS. You have pretty much what you want. If that isnt good enough, have it autoboot freedom. Or have it autoboot Crazy Intro, and use hidenseek to install hidden channels for Gecko OS and freedom, then configure so that A loads system menu, B loads HBC, + loads freedom and - loads Gecko OS. Best of all worlds. There is no need IMO for all these to be run into one, when you can fairly easy make a highly workable custom alternative. Its also more customizable this way.
October 13, 2009 11:48PM
Whoops. I forgot to add one thing. Something that i reallllllllly reallllllllllly need and want. A password app for my wii. Could possibly use the open source of bootmii ?????

Edit: I mean. It's going to happen eventually. Sooner or later someone who can code, will think of it. But i would like to see it sooner than later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 11:56PM by kingghaffari.
October 14, 2009 04:08AM
i dont think bootmii is open source
October 14, 2009 09:45PM
it is. on wiibrew you can download bootmii's source.
October 14, 2009 09:52PM
You can download MINI stub source, not BootMii's source. Two very different things my friend.

EDIT: Maybe...I'm not actually sure, I thought you could only get MINI stub source, but maybe you can also get BootMii's. I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else can clear this up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2009 09:55PM by SifJar.
October 15, 2009 12:26AM
Though im not sure. Even if this doesn't work for bootmii. I'm sure someone can think of a way to run the Wii's 4 digit password thing on boot up no? That would be great. Then bootmii wouldn't need tinkering with 0.0
October 15, 2009 02:57AM
I have bootmii then preloader boots wii home, great combination and very customizble.
October 17, 2009 02:28AM
That still doesnt add to the password thing
October 17, 2009 09:46PM
Password in mini wouldnt work, if the SD was removed, it would auto boot system menu

Edit: Source for preloader is available, a password feature could easily be added to that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2009 09:49PM by uglymonkey.
October 17, 2009 09:48PM
preloader feature?
October 17, 2009 09:52PM
metroid_maniac
preloader feature?

Thats what i'm thinking. Should be easy enough to add
October 18, 2009 07:05AM
Exactly! I'm thinking that people are making such complicated things. But no one thought of making a password feature yet. It would be GREAAAAAATLY appreciated if some one could code one for preloader.
October 18, 2009 07:11AM
I can show you a program that would fit my description of what im talking about. Its called moonshell, and its a program for the nintendo ds run by a DSTT or another card. This has every thing with an extremely good gui.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login