Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An idea. How about a Mobile game player (as in mobile phone games)

Posted by nightwishfan1 
An idea. How about a Mobile game player (as in mobile phone games)
October 14, 2009 06:40AM
An idea popped into my head about how a mobile game emulator would be neat. Mobile as in mobile phones. Anyways I've seen some rather interesting games on the mobile phone services. Some games being brand new extensions of existing franchises, but yet only seen on Mobile phones, and devices, and nowhere else. An example of this would be the Onechanbara Mobile game for download on japanese mobile phone services. Some games are just new never heard of games that link to no franchise we know on home consoles that are one time deals and never seen anywhere else again. So now everyone has an idea of what I'm talking about now.

Of course I have no coding experience whatsoever and I dont know if any emulators for mobile games are available, though I'm sure there are. Anyways it's just an idea. I think it would be easy aside from possible java porting, but definitely possible.
Re: An idea. How about a Mobile game player (as in mobile phone games)
October 15, 2009 05:49AM
you mean an app that can run .jar files?
October 15, 2009 07:11AM
^^^Exactly. Even as .jad files as well since Mobile phone games use those to run also. Though I also know there are emulators that do various things. Nokia for example had a free one which allowed you to download it to your pc from their site, then you could choose i guess a sort of trial version of the program to try on that before you purchased it on your phone. It could let you do games as well to an extent. Basically the emulator mimicked one of their phone models at the time and it was limited to what would be playable or useable on it.
October 15, 2009 04:14PM
I guess someone could try to port "phoneme" [phoneme.dev.java.net] (Java mobile implementation) but I've only seen it work on arm processors.
October 15, 2009 10:52PM
that would be great i have alot of java games
just got an idea: what if we could hook up a cellphone thru bluetooth to the wii to use it as a control pad with a java games emulator
October 15, 2009 11:38PM
darklink
that would be great i have alot of java games
just got an idea: what if we could hook up a cellphone thru bluetooth to the wii to use it as a control pad with a java games emulator

if you have a mobile (or "cell") phone handy, why would you bother playing the games on the Wii? Perhaps a larger screen, but mobile graphics are crap, so they'll look even worse at higher screen size. Or extra power of wii, but really no phone games really need that.
October 16, 2009 06:18AM
idk i had that idea because i thought "if i want a lot of mobile games but my phone has no free memory left then this would come in handy"
October 16, 2009 06:49AM
To me this would be handy as well. There are tons of decent freeware cell phone games available for download, and from what I've tried of a few of them some aint half bad really. Maybe a little outdated, but still good. Not to mention some people are actually making their own games for mobile platforms. One that I know of for example would be the legend of zelda mobile, which is basically as the title implies a legend of zelda remake of sorts for mobile devices. [zeldamobile.gorthwogh.net] is where you can view the screenshots and such for it. There probably are other fan based mobile projects as well.

Also making a player for Wii would mean custom mappable controls. No fiddling around with the arrow keys and number keys so tightly crunched together.

As for why play mobile games on Wii? Limitless storage options, room to incorporate more features. Quite a few things can be done. I really dont know what Sifjar is on about. I mean we got emulators for Game Boy games among other low end hardware systems from yesteryear, and the extra power of the Wii has done nothing adverse to those. Heck lookie there you mention playing the games on a bigger screen and there's a prime example right there. Game Boy and the Super Game Boy. People thinking the exact same way as Sifjar at that point. "Ah it cant work, it would be ruined".....If Nintendo can set certain parameters to allow Game boy games to run on a larger screen without flaws then so can someone else who is capable of it in this scenario.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2009 06:49AM by nightwishfan1.
October 17, 2009 10:01PM
a port of
Microemulator may be possible
October 18, 2009 05:00AM
One problem I see with MicroEmulator is that going by the page you provided, is that it's fairly unclear whether or not it's open source. Lot of the applications that have been ported to Wii consist mostly of open source applications. The only other thing that doesnt sound good is the fact that this has a requirement field for a java platform base for it to even run, which would mean porting that whole base over as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2009 05:01AM by nightwishfan1.
October 25, 2009 02:26PM
Ok I found something that could be ported. [fun4mobilesblog.targetlife.com]

It isnt stated if it's open source or not, but if the code is simple enough than probably it could be ported.. A free software as well. It just seems we may need a account to the site to download.

There's also this thread from another forum listing several emulators for mobile games. [www.myforum.lasyk.net]

Couple of those from what I'm reading support 3D games, and the Midp format.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2009 02:35PM by nightwishfan1.
November 15, 2009 06:04AM
After not finding suitable port candidates I stopped looking around a bit. Apparantly mobile platform based emulators are either very hard to find, or not talked much about from what I could tell based off of google search results. However it seems going the google search route was entirely wrong. As I found out while I was gone from the zelda mobile project homepage I linked to in an earlier post, cause apparantly the game being mobile means plenty of people use various emulators and such. Sure I had to sift through some posts and what not to find the emulator I'm going to link to, but it was worth it, as it seems this particular one has a lot of praise for what it does.

Anyways without further a'do....Port candidate KEmulator Lite. [www.ipmart-forum.com]

From what I can tell that has quite a bit of features and supports 3D based games. I'm not sure if it's open source or not, as there is no mention of it anywhere that hosts downloads for it, though that could be due in part to lazy posters who feel listing features, and such is important.....Dont get me wrong they are important, but when talking porting features dont mean anything if it's not easy to port.

Well I figured I'd update this thread with this find. If it's not possible let me know, and I'll seek out another emulator as a port candidate. That or request the thread closed in case none of these emulators are open source in some regards.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login