Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Lightsaber simulator

Posted by pzyr0 
Wii Lightsaber simulator
October 15, 2009 09:04PM
Please, for the love of god- why has this not been done?

a light saber app. select color and style. swing.

please.
Re: Wii Lightsaber simulator
October 15, 2009 09:05PM
Sounds awesome/
October 15, 2009 11:39PM
if MotionPlus can be incorporated (is this possible yet, I've seen no homebrew using it?), this would be AWESOME!!
October 15, 2009 11:46PM
I would totally try this! For those without Wii MotionPlus like me, please have it optional. Yeah I know the light saber movement will be less accurate, but still.
October 16, 2009 04:06AM
if possible, sounds great...not sure if Dev kit pro has any motion plus software
October 16, 2009 04:35AM
That would be really cool. I can't believe that no one has thought of this before.....
October 16, 2009 07:35AM
It's funny, when I was reading about motion plus, I thought the exact same thing....
October 16, 2009 07:44AM
i cant wait to be the next "embarrassing lightsaber youtube kid" with this. somebody get to work!!
October 16, 2009 05:23PM
Wiiuse already has wiimotion plus support
October 17, 2009 09:49PM
Forget just a simple "for fun" app... Why not make an entire game out of it? Possibly without MotionPlus, if possible... Why not have a story and all that and make a game that you actually swing the lightsaber to fight? Maybe add an arena mode where you just fight waves of enemies or a free play mode where you just swing the saber around... And of course, color selection and possibly style, such as light whip, curved saber, etc. It would be similar to the Harry Potter games on the Wii, but the Wiimote would be a lightsaber instead of a wand. Or is there a real Star Wars game where you can already do this?
October 17, 2009 09:54PM
Hman360
Forget just a simple "for fun" app... Why not make an entire game out of it? Possibly without MotionPlus, if possible... Why not have a story and all that and make a game that you actually swing the lightsaber to fight? Maybe add an arena mode where you just fight waves of enemies or a free play mode where you just swing the saber around... And of course, color selection and possibly style, such as light whip, curved saber, etc. It would be similar to the Harry Potter games on the Wii, but the Wiimote would be a lightsaber instead of a wand. Or is there a real Star Wars game where you can already do this?
Sure. Grab me about 10 college educated programmers, 7 designers, 15 artists, 2 sound artists, (all of which are willing to work full time for free) and a large sum of cash (for development tools for each person) and I'll do it!!!
October 17, 2009 10:18PM
Hman360
Lol, thats, like, way too complex and time consuming. Hehe, you may as well go buy one of those star wars games that are on the market (Force Unleashed?).

I think if it were just an app that had:

Customizable Backgrounds
Choose the color of your saber
Swing it around

That would be good enough for me. :)
October 18, 2009 03:11AM
Arikado
Hman360
Sure. Grab me about 10 college educated programmers, 7 designers, 15 artists, 2 sound artists, (all of which are willing to work full time for free) and a large sum of cash (for development tools for each person) and I'll do it!!!

How about 5 dollars, and the "Biggest Hug you've Ever Seen"
October 19, 2009 05:01AM
aujakev
How about my axe of capitalism right in your face?

But yeah that's a lot of work..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 05:02AM by bg4545.
October 20, 2009 02:26AM

bg4545How about my axe of capitalism right in your face?

But yeah that's a lot of work..

What part? The light saber part or the Axe of capitalism in my face?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2009 02:28AM by aujakev.
October 31, 2009 12:37AM
It was just an idea... I thought it might be cool... No need to throw a fit.
October 31, 2009 02:27PM
Hman360
It was just an idea... I thought it might be cool... No need to throw a fit.
No, the problem is that you repeatedly ask for laughably illogical things to happen on Wii. Believe it or not, this forum is not for speculation and "That'd be cool"s and "I wish"s but instead to jump-start projects.
November 01, 2009 09:11PM
I realize that. I try to offer good ideas, but as a person who is still learning to program, I cannot determine what would work and what would not, especially on a system I haven't the foggiest idea how to program for.
November 09, 2009 11:52PM
bg4545
You Sir Are Lucky, That's My Exact Price
and ill do the SFX,GFX, all artistict (?) aspects
for some samples, [last.fm] (my band)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2009 11:53PM by AllRight.
November 10, 2009 03:15AM
im not a programmer but if any visual design is needed (background/ light saber 3d model) i'll do it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login