Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Idea for a file downloader

Posted by BionicSonic 
Re: Idea for a file downloader
October 24, 2009 08:28PM
I might be a little nitpicky, but why not hide the progress bar after the Update is done? You don't have to though, its a useless suggestion haha

Overall this is great, I tested with a pre-existing brawl+ installation and 0 failed hash checks, everything went smooth.

As profetylen said, it was a bit hard to read too, but I can get past that.

I tested with two TV's as well, my little 25" TV displayed it perfectly, but my 60" projection TV had trouble with video, specifically it being zoomed in a bit so the first two lines (Init Network and something else) were hidden, but that might be the TV itself lol
October 25, 2009 03:10AM
ive made a few changes.

first, i changed the text to be bigger and now i think i might have to rearrange some stuff and let the text go across the whole top of the screen and but the buttons below.

and now after the update, there pops up a list with scrollbars with each file name and "updated ok" and "failed hash check" and what not so you don't have to try to read all the text whizzing by.

also i have compiled geckoOS into my dol so it doesn't matter what folder geckoOS is in on the SD or if you even have it, this will load it. it is also much faster loading it now. (1 second now. before it was like 4 or 5 seconds). but i have come across a problem maybe somebody can help with. i would like to edit the geckoOS to autoboot the game but i cannot compile a working version of it. even when i don't edit the code at all, the elf doesn't work right. every combination of libogc versions and geckoOS SVN versions i try gives me a dol that code dumps when it tries to load a game. so for now i have to only use the official (non autoboot) geckoOS.

If anybody is able to compile a working version of this program, please enlighten me so i will be able to edit my copy and use it in this project

EDIT>>>>>
here's the source code
[code.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2009 09:21PM by giantpune.
October 26, 2009 03:12AM
Nice! Mind if I make an HBC meta.xml/icon.png out of it? I've got some PHP-side tricks to always update the ZIP archive with the latest boot.elf so everytime you update it on Google Code it'll update on brawlplus.net.
October 26, 2009 03:40AM
i think theres a metaxml in the googlecode checkout already. what zip archive are you talking about? and where at is this on brawlplus.net? i tried to sign up there but the form spitout some crazy crap at me.
October 26, 2009 04:35AM
Didn't see it was in the source haha, I only looked at the downloads

I'm planning on making a blog post for an HBC-packaged Brawl+ Updatifier w/ boot.elf, icon.png, and meta.xml.

And here's the registration: [brawlplus.net] Hopefully it doesn't crash on you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login