Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[request]Nintendo DS Emulator?

Posted by supermario 
[request]Nintendo DS Emulator?
October 20, 2009 02:21PM
Well, i think the controls should be like this.(Must have classic controller or wii key board or gamecube control.......Maybe nunchuck)
and the tv will be split in two sides top is screen and bottom is the touch screen
Maybe can add Nintendo ds connect capability (Play wii vs ds)
Not in a wad file
Maybe with wii speak since a ds has a mic

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wii Remote with classic control
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To touch - Use the wii remote and press ''A''
To use buttons (''A,B,L,R,D-pad,Arrows ect..) - Can be costimize

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With nunchuck
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dont know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wii keyboard
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To costimize control

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gamecube Control
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To costimize control
Re: [request]Nintendo DS Emulator?
October 20, 2009 03:02PM
Won't ever be possible at all.
October 20, 2009 05:29PM
^^^It's entirely possible. Though I think needing a Wii keyboard is a little overkill to customize around 10 different controls is just unnecessary. A menu within the emulator could easily be implemented to re-assign and customize controls, and could be done through either a GC controller or Wii-mote.

The control idea is a bit out there as it sounds like you think you can assign two different functions to one button, but I dont think that is possible, cause you need more input options. With a classic controller it could use all the functions of a DS via buttons and control sticks. For example a DS has the following buttons on it: L, R, A, B, X, Y, start, select, and directional controls. That's all the button functions right there. One button for every button. You would need the control sticks to control a stylus cursor. Move the stick and have a stylus cursor appear and move it. When you stop using the control stick the stylus cursor disappears. That and the needed buttons would be ideal. This could be done on a GC controller as well. Well the select button isnt on a GC controller but the c- stick could be assigned that function.

For a nunchuk option. Simply connect both Wii-mote and nunchuk, assign the buttons set functions and assign the nunchuk to the stylus control. That way you have all three controller options covered.

Now playing Wii vs DS with it. Hm. That would be a bit impossible. The DS and Wii communicate through wi-fi for games that support such functionality. A rom simply playing through the system on a emulator wouldnt work in that scenario, but it shouldnt be required.

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2009 06:24PM by nightwishfan1.
October 21, 2009 12:06AM
WIP.

Follow our progress here: [arikadosblog.blogspot.com]
October 21, 2009 04:03AM
nightwishfan1
^^^It's entirely possible. Though I think needing a Wii keyboard is a little overkill to customize around 10 different controls is just unnecessary. A menu within the emulator could easily be implemented to re-assign and customize controls, and could be done through either a GC controller or Wii-mote.

The control idea is a bit out there as it sounds like you think you can assign two different functions to one button, but I dont think that is possible, cause you need more input options. With a classic controller it could use all the functions of a DS via buttons and control sticks. For example a DS has the following buttons on it: L, R, A, B, X, Y, start, select, and directional controls. That's all the button functions right there. One button for every button. You would need the control sticks to control a stylus cursor. Move the stick and have a stylus cursor appear and move it. When you stop using the control stick the stylus cursor disappears. That and the needed buttons would be ideal. This could be done on a GC controller as well. Well the select button isnt on a GC controller but the c- stick could be assigned that function.

For a nunchuk option. Simply connect both Wii-mote and nunchuk, assign the buttons set functions and assign the nunchuk to the stylus control. That way you have all three controller options covered.

Now playing Wii vs DS with it. Hm. That would be a bit impossible. The DS and Wii communicate through wi-fi for games that support such functionality. A rom simply playing through the system on a emulator wouldnt work in that scenario, but it shouldnt be required.
well i cant bother typing all the buttons but i reckon all controls can be cosimized
October 21, 2009 08:18PM
Arikado
WIP.

Follow our progress here: [arikadosblog.blogspot.com]

Woah! How did I miss this? You're a genius. And there I was ordering you to write a SNES emulator for the DS...

Seriously, looking at how much you've done, I'm really impressed.

Fancy porting Nethack next?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2009 08:18PM by alainvey.
October 21, 2009 09:10PM
alainvey
Woah! How did I miss this? You're a genius. And there I was ordering you to write a SNES emulator for the DS...

Seriously, looking at how much you've done, I'm really impressed.
Don't be too impressed until we get it working ;-) We seem to still be a bit far off from accomplishing that.

alainvey
Fancy porting Nethack next?
Well, I'll see. I really have a TON of work to do on my other 5 Wii projects first.
November 08, 2009 07:13PM
about the ds emulator... there is NO way that a keyboard or classic/ CG controller could ever be practical enough to control ds games to a playable level

if you did that it would be like trying to control a mouse with the arrow keys.

my suggestion it to map the stylus location to the pointer system and maybe include a "tap" feature.

and remember ds emulators aren't perfect yet.
December 30, 2009 06:40AM
yeah I think that is the main emulator I want on the Wii right now, got (almost) everything else nintendo, just one thing remains! >:U!

Hope someone does figure it out, im watching >.>
March 25, 2010 03:49AM
March 25, 2010 04:28AM
Arikado
Bump.

[arikadosblog.blogspot.com]
That is plain awesome. :D
March 25, 2010 07:58AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Arikado
Bump.

Thank you, but it turns out they photoshopped the game case art into the image for the moment. So consider it a teaser of sorts for now. It won't be much longer (maybe a week tops) until it actually looks like that. I was unaware at time of posting.
March 25, 2010 04:53PM
Arikado
WaxyPumpkin72
Arikado
Bump.

Thank you, but it turns out they photoshopped the game case art into the image for the moment. So consider it a teaser of sorts for now. It won't be much longer (maybe a week tops) until it actually looks like that. I was unaware at time of posting.
Haha, okay. Its still pretty incredible, though.
March 25, 2010 11:56PM
There has been some major breakthroughs in making it come really, really close to that. I even got to help out with it. Now it's back to working on the core.
March 28, 2010 03:08PM
Guess what everyone? We now have video emulation on DeSmuME Wii.
March 29, 2010 04:54PM
and audio :D
March 30, 2010 11:13AM
But what about speed? I mean I only get 30FPS with 9 frameskip on my 2GHz AMD laptop.
March 30, 2010 12:48PM
As of Revision 66:
*Currently any and all 3D crashes
*Homebrew games tested all seem to be running at full speed
*Commercial games seem to be running at close to full speed (but some like Polarium I tested run at full speed)

Note that we broke sound in revisions 62 through the present revision 66. Should have it fixed soon.
April 03, 2010 01:03PM

Checkout the source and get working on porting. If you make progress, email castlevania7689@yahoo.com (Arikado) and he will add you to the project to committ your changes.
So I tried to use MLlib to make a GUI for it to help a little but but I need an alternative for sprintf() because it does only work in console mode. But I think there are other mistakes in my code. Shall I post it?

EDIT: There exists already a GUI version called WiiDS so I deleted my code.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2010 03:32PM by Bowserkoopa.
June 24, 2010 01:29PM
a ds emulator it seems similar to a snes with touch pad maybe they could use similar snes control for top split screen and a mouse for the bottom accept not act like 2 different screens for people like me who use a laptop it is similar to a touch base and mouse is very easy none the less to use like a stylus but to use these on such as a wii for emulation or other systems i see it a lot further in the making as for pc they can't even handle it as anything but touch base and keyboard yet i could see wii remote being used as a stylus and having trouble with keeping your hand steady and ps3 seems a little closer where they could use possibly the joystick as a stylus but limited to movement if they used a wii they'd need a button to turn on and off the stylus motion so nything but pc would be a long time into the future

i could only see making a wii emulator if someone had at least a big enough screen for pc like your tv or possibly still be use similar remote for play with a bar for motion seems expensive and a lot different from a regular program where it only bases it on the machine you are using not the extension it'd be awesome to see these progress and it seems some are very close to progress on pc
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.