Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SegaCD emulation?

Posted by qbertsoul 
SegaCD emulation?
November 24, 2009 06:02AM
Is there any chance that an emulator that supports SegaCD will get ported to the Wii?

I read the discussion about 32X emulation and I understand that Genesis Plus never had the support. But I was wondering if one of the other emulators like PicoDrive will ever be ported in the near future.

Thanks!
Re: SegaCD emulation?
November 24, 2009 06:27AM
^^^It all depends on how portable a given emulator is. Certain development libraries used to make them for PC are easier to port than others. It also depends on how much resources a given emulator demands to get the best out of it. If an emulator uses more than what the Wii can give it then obviously chances are slim that it will be a port candidate, as there's not much that can be done to cut back on the emulators resource consumption without sacrificing compatibility, full speed emulation, among other possible emulator features that may make games running look better and so forth.

As for Genesis Plus itself....Eke-Eke has stated before that he'll look into future implementation of it into the emulator but that it may not happen for a very long time. So anyone who wants it basically has to wait. No two ways around it unfortunately, cause on one hand we have a definite consideration of implementation into a existing Wii/GC emulator, which is a wait and see thing. And on the other hand we have to wait to see if anyone with coding experience would even consider porting a emulator directly. See a theme here?? Basically it's gonna be a long waiting game.
November 28, 2009 05:27PM
I think the Sega CD emulation isn't really such a good idea. What games were you thinking about? If for instance Dragon's Lair and Space Ace, why not just go grab the DVD version and play it in your standard DVD player? There really arent many good games on SCD, (ok excluding Sonic CD) so I really dont see it happening.. Sorry mate....

However. Sega Saturn. This would be the biggest project of all emulation because the Saturn used protocols and hardware that made it difficult for the DEVELOPERS to design games, let alone those who are trying to emulate them. It used a dual CPU setup, if I am right, and that is what has caused so many emulation groups to go bald by hair ripping out...

Good luck though, and it really isnt a bad idea...
November 28, 2009 09:50PM
Saturn has a Yabause port for Wii that's constantly being worked on along with the other builds of the emulator.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 09:50PM by nightwishfan1.
November 30, 2009 12:24AM
Uhm... Batman Returns, Batman & Robin (amazing driving stages), Lunar, Lunar 2, Snatcher, Earthworm Jim SE, Eternal Champions CFTDS, Robo Aleste, Lords of Thunder, Popful Mail, Night Trap, BC Racers, Dracula Unleashed (not bad :P), Shining Force CD, Panic!, Final Fight, Silpheed, Keio's Flying Squadron, Time Gal, Soul Star, Jurassic Park...

Sega CD was more than a crappy bunch of crappy FMV games ^_^U
November 30, 2009 05:59PM
I stand corrected. Yeah, Popful was cool, and so was Lunar 1 and 2. I just forgot whether they were on saturn or cd...
December 02, 2009 02:04AM
Everybody loves Sonic CD, (well not everybody; BUT AHI DU)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login