Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Game Developer Needed For Prototype completion before E3

Posted by ibmeruu 
Re: Game Developer Needed For Prototype completion before E3
December 05, 2009 05:36PM
Crisco
So this SDK you all are talking abut this is for WiiWare? I had no Idea that nintendo had an SDK.

its for all Wii software. what else would they use to make software. They kinda HAVE to have an SDK of some kind.
December 05, 2009 06:48PM
Really wow I had no Idea, How do you get it?
December 05, 2009 07:31PM
Crisco:
No matter what platform you're developing for it helps to use an official SDK. Be it the Nintendo Ds(i), Nintendo Wii, Sony PSP, Sony Playstation 3, iPhone/iPodTouch, or Mircrosoft XBOX 360, Apple, Windows, or Linux you have the option to use an official SDK. The terms for being eligible for an SDK are different for each platform, so you'll need to research them individually. For the Nintendo Wii, they offer the ability to apply to buy an SDK here: [warioworld.com]
December 05, 2009 10:47PM
I really had no Idea that everything uses an SDK, I only knew of the three main OS's and the iPhone/iPod Touch
December 05, 2009 10:50PM
Crisco
I really had no Idea that everything uses an SDK, I only knew of the three main OS's and the iPhone/iPod Touch
Yeah, well, everything has one. :)
December 05, 2009 10:52PM
Just shows how much I actually know about Programming. Oh well I still need to learn C++ if I did I would most certainly help with this project.
December 24, 2009 03:36AM
I would be very interested in testing! I will test ANYTHING you have!
So, what exactly is this game about?
December 24, 2009 11:36PM
Intriguing concept. A 81 page business plan is certainly the way to go. Bravo. I don't know if you could get something by E3 though, especially if the programmer has to work for free. This means that they'll be doing it in their spare time. Sorry to rain on the parade, so to speak.

However, with a concrete proof of concept, it might not be too bad. Do you have any existing code? Any frameworks? Even something to port over would be better than nothing, I think.

Also, I would not recommend "faking" it. The media (and those on the Internet) is pretty good at sniffing out what is pre-rendered and what isn't. That would create backlash, I'm sure. I say save your money, and put it to use so you can be prepared for 2011 E3. First impressions are very important, so you need to make sure it's a good one!
December 28, 2009 03:03AM
This is what Homebrew is all about! (Even if it turns out to be a Wiiware game and we have to pay for it, XD) I wish I could help, but I am fixing to go do some web development for my uncle in FL. If you'd like a website designed for it, I'd be glad to lend a hand there. Just let me know what's going on! Good luck!!!!!!

YOU GO FOR IT - CHASE THE DREAM!!!

Victory - Bubblegum Crisis
NEVER SAY GIVE UP, NEVER AGAIN!
December 31, 2009 02:15AM
Got funiding, and an open source game to port over as a prototype. Still need a programmer.
December 31, 2009 02:17AM
What game are you wanting to port?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login