Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New feature for Dop IOS Mod

Posted by kobalobasileus 
New feature for Dop IOS Mod
December 02, 2009 03:43AM
I'm very impressed with the latest version of Dop IOS Mod. It works really well and fixes all of the problems I've had with it before.

One improvement I'd like to see implemented is for the app to store all of the IOSes/System Menus/etc. on the SD card after downloading them, like the original Dop IOS does.

I have recently updated three Wiis from System Menu 3.x to 4.1 using Dop IOS Mod, and find that downloading the System Menu each time is a waste when it could have been stored on the SD card after the first download.
Re: New feature for Dop IOS Mod
December 02, 2009 04:38AM
kobalobasileus
I'm very impressed with the latest version of Dop IOS Mod. It works really well and fixes all of the problems I've had with it before.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) : ) :) :) : ) :) :) :) :)

kobalobasileus
One improvement I'd like to see implemented is for the app to store all of the IOSes/System Menus/etc. on the SD card after downloading them, like the original Dop IOS does.
Yeah, everyone's requested this for IOSs and channels as well. I intend to do it as soon as I have a decent amount of free time in a week or so.

Thanks a bunch for your feedback, I truly appreciate it :)
December 03, 2009 04:07AM
i havent used DOPIOS, but since it uses patchmii, doesnt it have the useSD variable? where it creates the 00000001 folder on the SD card and saves all the data there. and later when you are trying to use that same title, it looks on the SD and if not found, it gets it from NUS.
December 03, 2009 10:12PM
Yeah it uses patchmii, but apparently it doesnt work as you've described. Feel free to take a peek at the source: [code.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2009 10:13PM by Arikado.
December 04, 2009 04:34AM
something must be messed up in your version then. i just tested out something else based off patchmii and it works right. i installed the same IOS 2 times in a row. the first time it tries to get the stuff off the sd card and it isnt there so is calls up NUS and places an order, downloads it, saves to the sd card, and installs to the nand.

the second time i run the dol to install said IOS, it checks the SD card and finds all the files there and just gets right to work without pestering NUS.

if i get time i might sift through your stuff to see if i see why it isnt working. is yours creating the 00000001 folder on the sd card?

EDIT>>>>>>
ok. i found the error. im cleaning some stuff up and ill send you my version...

ok check the issues at googlecode. problem solved.... i call it "DOP IOS mod v9 mod v1" :P

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 07:29AM by giantpune.
December 04, 2009 10:30PM
giantpune
something must be messed up in your version then. i just tested out something else based off patchmii and it works right. i installed the same IOS 2 times in a row. the first time it tries to get the stuff off the sd card and it isnt there so is calls up NUS and places an order, downloads it, saves to the sd card, and installs to the nand.

the second time i run the dol to install said IOS, it checks the SD card and finds all the files there and just gets right to work without pestering NUS.

if i get time i might sift through your stuff to see if i see why it isnt working. is yours creating the 00000001 folder on the sd card?

EDIT>>>>>>
ok. i found the error. im cleaning some stuff up and ill send you my version...

ok check the issues at googlecode. problem solved.... i call it "DOP IOS mod v9 mod v1" :P

Could you answer my questions on Google Code? (Just in case you dont notice them) thnx.
December 05, 2009 12:22AM
If you could address SifJars concerns Id be happy to add your changes to the project. (I haven't looked at them myself yet - and wont be able to for 48 hoursish - on account of personal reasons)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login