Advanced

Homebrew from SD-Card

Posted by fire22 
Re: Homebrew from SD-Card
January 19, 2010 05:10AM
Your drive is fine. :)
January 19, 2010 02:49PM
Then your wii should have an old enough drive to install DVDx.

Edit: Stupid second page......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2010 02:50PM by TopGun96.
January 19, 2010 05:49PM
Crisco
Ahh sorry, misread it. I read it as he wanted to watch Divx movies, and wanted to make it easier. I didn't realize he was talking about one thing.

But let me get this straight, He is trying to modify bannerbomb to automatically load Mplayer_CE with out choosing "ok" when it asks you if you want to load the boot.elf/dol.

Yeah, thats right.
January 19, 2010 07:42PM
Khrom
Hi,

My comment might be off topic, I apologize...I'm working on a solution without any NAND change too.
(If it's not the right place to post, please redirect me)

My goal is only to watch divx from USB storage. Everything works fine: just a banner bomb (aad1f_v108) and MPlayer CE (patched to cleanly shutdown the Wii when exiting).

K.

It is absolutely not off topic. Can you describe in more detail, what do you have on your sd-card? Thanks. Skipping the warning would be indeed nice.

Does anyone knows, if I can buy a D2B/D2C/D2E DVD drive and replace mine by that? Which of D2B/D2C/D2E is the best?

Fire22

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2010 07:50PM by fire22.
January 19, 2010 08:29PM
fire22
Khrom
Hi,

My comment might be off topic, I apologize...I'm working on a solution without any NAND change too.
(If it's not the right place to post, please redirect me)

My goal is only to watch divx from USB storage. Everything works fine: just a banner bomb (aad1f_v108) and MPlayer CE (patched to cleanly shutdown the Wii when exiting).

K.

It is absolutely not off topic. Can you describe in more detail, what do you have on your sd-card? Thanks. Skipping the warning would be indeed nice.

Does anyone knows, if I can buy a D2B/D2C/D2E DVD drive and replace mine by that? Which of D2B/D2C/D2E is the best?

Fire22

I believe that should work provided you're OK with opening up your Wii, and all of those are the same from homebrew standpoint afaik. Only modchip users really need to worry about the model, and the newest chips work with any drive that DVDx works with afaik.
January 19, 2010 11:08PM
fire22

Fire22

My sd-card is nothing but simple banner-bomb and only one app: MPlayer CE (patched, but that's not necessary).
You can just follow the instructions available on WiiBrew:
- put the banner-bomb as describe in "http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_setup"
- add MPlayer (inspired from "http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MPlayer_CE"): Copy the "mplayer_ce" folder into the "/apps" directory on your sd card
- copy (or move) the main executable (~ 10MB) to sd://boot.dol

And that's it !

With that, you've got a pure RAM only divx player, with no changes in your flash. But regarding "human factor aspects" it's clearly far behind HBC... that's why I'm trying to skip on step: the banner-bomb confirmation pop-up.

K.
January 20, 2010 12:51AM
I don't even know why that's there. Whenever I don't accept it just freezes the wii.
January 20, 2010 10:51AM
isn't there a scam warning on it?
January 20, 2010 12:36PM
SifJar
isn't there a scam warning on it?
Perhaps, but to my mind, it's not necessary as launching a application take several seconds. So, during this time, you can read the scam warning. No ? And I even prefer to have a timeout rather than a confirmation popup...

So, does anyone know how to create a channel that is recognized in the SD menu ? Every attempt I tried has failed... with the classic "?" in place of the icon.

K.
January 20, 2010 01:51PM
Crisco
I don't even know why that's there. Whenever I don't accept it just freezes the wii.

For me, it kind of makes sense. bannerbomb does not hang if I have other channels on the card, nor does it hang when I pick No. That enables me to just leave bannerbomb on the card, even though I don't.
January 21, 2010 11:38AM
Thanks Khrom.

Khrom

My sd-card is nothing but simple banner-bomb and only one app: MPlayer CE (patched, but that's not necessary).
- add MPlayer (inspired from "http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MPlayer_CE"): Copy the "mplayer_ce" folder into the "/apps" directory on your sd card

Sorry for asking again, but have you really taken the HackMii installer, isn't LoadMii good enough.

- Fire22
January 21, 2010 05:43PM
fire22
Thanks Khrom.

Khrom

Sorry for asking again, but have you really taken the HackMii installer, isn't LoadMii good enough.

- Fire22

I don't understand this bit. He doesn't have HackMii Installer OR LoadMii, he has the boot.dol from MPlayer CE on his root, so it loads instantly when he activates bannerbomb.
January 21, 2010 06:27PM
SifJar
fire22

- Fire22

I don't understand this bit. He doesn't have HackMii Installer OR LoadMii, he has the boot.dol from MPlayer CE on his root, so it loads instantly when he activates bannerbomb.
Exactly !
Here the detailed content of my SD:
./private
./private/wii
./private/wii/title
./private/wii/title/aktn
./private/wii/title/aktn/content.bin
./apps
./apps/mplayer_ce
./apps/mplayer_ce/list_ext
./apps/mplayer_ce/menu.conf
./apps/mplayer_ce/icon.png
./apps/mplayer_ce/ftp.conf
./apps/mplayer_ce/about.txt
./apps/mplayer_ce/subs_ext
./apps/mplayer_ce/subfont.ttf
./apps/mplayer_ce/meta.xml
./apps/mplayer_ce/READMORE.txt
./apps/mplayer_ce/smb.conf
./apps/mplayer_ce/mplayer.conf
./apps/mplayer_ce/README.txt
./apps/mplayer_ce/boot.dol
./apps/mplayer_ce/file_ext
./apps/mplayer_ce/loop.avi
./apps/mplayer_ce/input.conf
./apps/mplayer_ce/loop-wide.avi
./boot.dol

The ./boot.dol is in fact the MPlayer executable (copy of ./apps/mplayer_ce/boot.dol), nothing else...

And my current job is to modify the ./private/wii/title/aktn/content.bin to skip the confirmation pop-up... I succeeded in extracting the parts from content.bin:
AKTN_01_header.bin
AKTN_02a_banner_header.bin
AKTN_02b_banner_decompressed.bin

I disassemble (partially) the AKTN_02b_banner_decompressed.bin, and then repack the patched content.bin, but the SD menu doesn't recognize it... (I just get a "?" in place of the icon)

=> that's my point: how to pack a channel ? (I reverted the Segher's_WiiTools but that's not enough...)

K.
January 22, 2010 08:08PM
Anyways, even if you succeed, i suggest to not release it. TT had enough trouble to get the screen in there. If you remove it now, hombreware and what they all are called, will take it and pack it in their super warez packages.
January 22, 2010 10:04PM
WiiPower
Anyways, even if you succeed, i suggest to not release it. TT had enough trouble to get the screen in there. If you remove it now, hombreware and what they all are called, will take it and pack it in their super warez packages.
Arg ! I haven't imagined that ! You're right (even if usually, my developments are always GPL and freely distributed), I will not upload anything.

Thanx for your advice ! (I'm definitely too naive... living in my linux utopia)

K.
February 01, 2010 09:11PM
Oh, I miss understood something.

@Khrom: Thanks for the detailed filelist.

Fire22
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login