Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

KittyCorp: MeowMix Brawl Texture Downloader

Posted by jackharvest 
KittyCorp: MeowMix Brawl Texture Downloader
December 23, 2009 07:40PM
I run [kc-mm.com] - the largest texture hacking site for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. My comrades and I had an idea for revolutionizing the way that textures are applied to the game.

Currently, with the proper .gct code [File Replacement code by PhatomWings], one can place texture files (or .pcs/.pac files) into the game, and give characters costumes, model edits, music swaps, etc. We are currently hoping to create a homebrew application that would allow the following fairly simplistic operations:

- The browsing of our texture files
- The browsing of our music files
- The browsing of our stage files (etc.. these are all browsed using the same method)
- The ability to select a file, and have it be "installed" (or copied) to the SD card in a specific folder

That's honestly all this would need to do. It would be perfect if we could add images off to the side so people knew what the texture/stages looked like.

Simplistic. I would be maintaining it, making sure that submissions went through myself in order to make it to the online archive (which would most likely a subdomain of www.kc-mm.com)

It's simple, but revolutionizing for the efforts of the texture hacking community. Let me know if you'd be willing to help.

-Jack H.
[www.kc-mm.com]
Re: KittyCorp: MeowMix Brawl Texture Downloader
December 24, 2009 03:16AM
Incredible, no replies. Honestly nobody is interested in this?
December 24, 2009 03:36AM
Incredible, in 7 hours you assume that absolutely everyone who belongs to this forum read your post.

To give you a real reply: I have a friend famous for one of the best Wii Homebrew games ever made that has already developed an application which can do most of what you've described. It is going to be released very soon.
December 24, 2009 04:03AM
Thanks for not being a biatch about it or anything. ¬¬ I figured this forum was as busy as ours. Guess not. :P

Thanks anyway. Guess we'll have to jump on board once your "friend" finally releases this invention.
December 24, 2009 04:07AM
"as ours" ; "guess we'll"

For curiosity's sake, may I as what group you're referring yourself to be apart of?
December 24, 2009 04:11AM
If you read the post at all, you'd notice that I run KittyCorp MeowMix. [kc-mm.com] Do your homework before you beat somebody you don't know senseless with idiot remarks. ;D
December 24, 2009 05:22AM

I figured this forum was as busy as ours.

we just have better things to do then live online during the holidays....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 05:24AM by mdbrim.
December 24, 2009 10:57AM
the file renaming part is easy. but if you want to preview the images and sounds, you will need to get down and dirty.
December 24, 2009 02:03PM
mdbrim
we just have better things to do then live online during the holidays....

As you post irrelevantly on a forum...
December 24, 2009 03:24PM

irrelevantly

um, my post was quite relevant,

Incredible, no replies.

i was explaining why he wasn't getting answers from people in the 7 hours he was waiting... they are mostly off celebrating the holidays...

As you post irrelevantly on a forum...

um, yeah, visiting the board once a day instead of 10 times an hour... that's why the OP needs patience!

my post relevant, yours is not. hypocrisy at its finest...
December 24, 2009 06:56PM
jackharvest
If you read the post at all, you'd notice that I run KittyCorp MeowMix. [kc-mm.com] Do your homework before you beat somebody you don't know senseless with idiot remarks. ;D
"KittyCorp MeowMix" totally sounds like a Wii hacking/homebrew site. Yeah, I didn't click the link or bother to notice every detail in your post. So hang me :p

I'm not slamming you with "senseless idiot remarks". None of my comments have been senseless or idiotic. Your comments however...

Oh, and I will admit that I am "beating" you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 06:59PM by Arikado.
December 24, 2009 07:06PM
So Arikado does this friend of your have an estimated release date?
December 24, 2009 11:49PM
Crisco
So Arikado does this friend of your have an estimated release date?
When we last talked about he estimated it would have been released by now :p

I'll bug him about it after the holidays ;)
January 12, 2010 03:12AM
so, talked to your friend?
January 12, 2010 04:06AM
LordOwl
so, talked to your friend?
I don't appreciate your tone or the double meaning portrayed by the italics or your inability capitalize the first word of your sentence. I will not respond to it.
January 18, 2010 05:48AM
[zero4.higashinoeden.com]

Think of it as a limited release. This version only works for one specific game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login