Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Guitar Emulator

Posted by AllRight 
Guitar Emulator
December 28, 2009 06:59PM
Hai Everybody!
So I Was Just Brainstorming Some Ideas, And What If Their Was A Guitar Emulator?
Using The Les Paul, You Could Choose What Kind Of Guitar You Wanted To Play (Accoustic, bass, Electric, Synth)
And When A Fret Is Held Down And You Strum, It Would Play A Note Off The Pentatonic Scale, And You Could Choose The High Scale, Or The Low Scale.
It Would Be A Great Plugin For GOF, I Just Wanted Some General Feedback Before I Presented It To Daid
Re: Guitar Emulator
December 28, 2009 07:17PM
1)I wouldn't bother Daid. This is trivial to program, probably any programmer on the forum is capable of it.

2)This is really good idea. I've actually had a similar one in my head for quite some time now.
December 28, 2009 07:23PM
well if someone bothered to code it, couldn't daid just include the source?
December 29, 2009 10:44AM
December 29, 2009 12:23PM
Daid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDd4E6bgLfs
Like this?

WOW! I would love that!
December 29, 2009 04:52PM
Well, would be pretty easy to create. But you need some good quality general guitar sound samples for that. No idea where I could find those (for free)
December 30, 2009 03:06AM
and you would need to find a way to get all 6*24 notes that a guitar can make, as well as all the possible chords and variations and inversions of those chords with the 5 buttons and 1 "string" on the plastic guitar.
December 30, 2009 03:11PM
giantpune
and you would need to find a way to get all 6*24 notes that a guitar can make, as well as all the possible chords and variations and inversions of those chords with the 5 buttons and 1 "string" on the plastic guitar.

What about pitch bending with the orientation of the guitar?
January 01, 2010 05:25AM
Daid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDd4E6bgLfs
Like this?
bingo
January 01, 2010 06:01AM
I would love to see something like this released in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2010 06:02AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
January 01, 2010 06:49AM
I would love one of these too. :) But I don't have a Les Paul controller.

OT: @WaxyPumpkin72: Ye haz teh 2,000'th post! WOOTS!!!
January 01, 2010 05:10PM
Regarding that guitar samples would be needed for this:

What about plugging an electric guitar into the microphone slot of a computer and record? Does the electric guitar emit the signal required? (in other words: Will this work?)
January 01, 2010 06:35PM
profetylen

What about plugging an electric guitar into the microphone slot of a computer and record? Does the electric guitar emit the signal required? (in other words: Will this work?)
how do you think they record music professionally? a converter is needed, but i have some Loops All Ready Recorded.
kthx
January 01, 2010 08:56PM
AllRight
profetylen

how do you think they record music professionally? a converter is needed, but i have some Loops All Ready Recorded.
kthx

Perhaps as I just described but also maybe with high quality microphones. Honestly, I don't really know. How did you record your "loops"? And what do the loops contain, a melody or just notes (I think the latter is preferred in this case)?

What instrument are the loops recorded with?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2010 08:57PM by profetylen.
January 01, 2010 09:40PM
I could record some loops for you guys in Garageband with my guitar...I could have different types of sounds too (distorted, clean, etc.). Is that what you guys are talking about?
January 01, 2010 11:24PM
WaxyPumpkin72
I could record some loops for you guys in Garageband with my guitar...I could have different types of sounds too (distorted, clean, etc.). Is that what you guys are talking about?

Yes! :D
January 01, 2010 11:28PM
profetylen
WaxyPumpkin72

Yes! :D
Okay, I'll see what I can do....but don't expect really good quality. :P

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2010 11:32PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
January 02, 2010 12:41AM
if GarageBand Outputs MID's you can use hamie net's midi2mp3 conversion service
January 02, 2010 05:43AM
AllRight
if GarageBand Outputs MID's you can use hamie net's midi2mp3 conversion service
It doesn't. I'm very familiar with Garageband, so I'll get everything set up just fine. :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2010 05:43AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
January 03, 2010 05:54AM
Update:
I have the first string done. My plan is to just play an octave per string, and then convert each note to whatever the desired format is. If anyone wants to take charge of this, pm me your e-mail, and I'll send the files to you.

I really hope someone wants to do this. :)

Edit: Oh, and the only effect I have right now is a clean electric guitar. I'll probably come up with a distorted effect eventually.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2010 05:56AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login