Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Simple "ReadMii" App

Posted by MCGuru 
Simple "ReadMii" App
January 06, 2010 01:18AM
I am a WiiBrew fanatic so to say... But I have "Zero" programming skills, I have hacked about 200 Wiis in my time and have tried or used every known WiiBrew App I have come across.

But to this day I have yet to find anyone that has taken the time to make a simple "ReadMii" app.

Make a root Folder on the SD Card. Put all of the ReadMe that come with all the different apps that you are using for the Homebrew etc. in the folder and name all of these to say "ReadMii_"appname".

Then from the HomeBrew channel, (wad installer for a Channel would be a great forwarder to mention also) select the app which "auto-parses" the root ReadMii folder... Gives a GUI list or even a basic white text /black background display for the contents of the text file.

This would help the end-users so much it crazy. Otherwise they have no idea where to start on some of these apps, or what they are used for. This program puts all Instructions, Credits, and weblink information in one place so that everyone who is into the WiiBrew apps can be and stay informed accordingly...

And personally I would help as much as I can (understood thats not much) but still try my best.

Also considering the open source code for such as texteditor and/or textmod with WiiXplorer type interface? Probably with giving credits to the original sources of this code... Most of the work is done already...
Re: Simple "ReadMii" App
January 06, 2010 01:32AM
We all ready have .txt readers
January 06, 2010 01:40AM
I know we have text readers I posted that exactly said in my first post... But how many 13 year olds with a newly hacked Wii can figure out where all of these readmiis are in the 100 or app folders etc... This is my point. I am sure you all can understand where this is coming from.
January 06, 2010 01:44AM
In my opinion, if they can't figure it out then they shouldn't use hombrew..
January 06, 2010 04:08AM
MCGuru
I know we have text readers I posted that exactly said in my first post... But how many 13 year olds with a newly hacked Wii can figure out where all of these readmiis are in the 100 or app folders etc
I did.
January 06, 2010 04:32AM
I think you should ask how many 13 year olds can't... I did, waxypumpkin72, did all my other friends did.
January 06, 2010 08:25PM
I'd say most can. Anyway, if devs feel strongly about the issue they can always add more info to the meta.xml to have it displayed when the app is selected in HBC before "load" is pressed. Your way would be MORE complicated for n00bs because they have to find the readmes and copy them into a particular folder.
January 07, 2010 10:05PM
WaxyPumpkin72
MCGuru
I know we have text readers I posted that exactly said in my first post... But how many 13 year olds with a newly hacked Wii can figure out where all of these readmiis are in the 100 or app folders etc
I did.
+1
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login