Advanced

WII torrent client with usb support

Posted by guile 
Re: WII torrent client with usb support
March 25, 2010 02:36PM
cactusjack901
spacepimp
pretty much all of those will have some kind of pc

There's my main problem with this. There's no real use for the program, because, as you stated, almost, if not, all, of those people, have a PC, which they can just as easily use for a Wii torrent client. I just can't see a real reason to use the Wii for my torrenting. I just can't see it.
With respect, this could also be said of most homebrew. I personally leave my mid range spec PC running 24/7 just to run utorrent. The wii uses a LOT less power, and makes less noise. And the wii is currently sat there (next to my TV) doing nothing.
Arikado also has a point, in that, this is all a bit of a moot point as I have absolutely no idea how to make it happen.
March 25, 2010 04:30PM
spacepimp
cactusjack901
spacepimp
pretty much all of those will have some kind of pc

There's my main problem with this. There's no real use for the program, because, as you stated, almost, if not, all, of those people, have a PC, which they can just as easily use for a Wii torrent client. I just can't see a real reason to use the Wii for my torrenting. I just can't see it.
With respect, this could also be said of most homebrew. I personally leave my mid range spec PC running 24/7 just to run utorrent. The wii uses a LOT less power, and makes less noise. And the wii is currently sat there (next to my TV) doing nothing.
Arikado also has a point, in that, this is all a bit of a moot point as I have absolutely no idea how to make it happen.

Hence why I only use a homebrew app when I have a use for it. The only one that I may use that I could use my PC for is mPlayer_CE, but that's really just because even though I can hook my netbook up to my TV and use it as a media center, I don't have a DVD drive. I'll use mPlayer_CE for a DVD Player in my bedroom
March 31, 2010 02:19AM
uTorrent on wii would be pretty cool
April 02, 2010 05:15PM
I read through both threads on this & basically support it.

Not for piracy of course, but I would love to be able to download shows that I miss since I don't have enough time in the day to watch them.

Maybe if coder hooked up the app to sign into sites like demonoid (I use this mainly for anime/tv) or other sites that require accts. it would minimize leeches & piracy. Plus having Mplayer CE makes it very convenient for music/movies/tv shows, heck I just watched V for Vendetta last night on it.

I support this, but I do understand the bad things that would come about w/ it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login