Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rise of the triad / Duke3d ports???

Posted by rush6432 
Rise of the triad / Duke3d ports???
May 08, 2010 09:08PM
Anyone currently working on any of these??? would be nice to see somthing like this get ported over with netplay
Re: Rise of the triad / Duke3d ports???
May 09, 2010 01:10AM
It should be possible. The Duke Nukem 3D game engine was released publicly, and had multiple fan made maps made from it, which in turn were made into map packs on cd. There's even a open source port of the game built for several other platforms, which someone may be able to work with if they desire. The link to it is below.

[www.eduke32.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2010 01:10AM by nightwishfan1.
May 10, 2010 12:06AM
I also forgot to mention that Rise of the Triad works with dosbox wii. I personally have it on my SD card. It just requires a keyboard.
May 10, 2010 06:23AM
nightwishfan1
I also forgot to mention that Rise of the Triad works with dosbox wii. I personally have it on my SD card. It just requires a keyboard.

only problem is its slow as dogshit...... unless you have a config file setup so that yours runs at top speed and its playable in fullscreen mode.

Network support for dosbox would be BADASS if it worked.......................
May 17, 2010 11:29PM
I think Duke Nukem 3D was released for Sega Megadrive/Genesis. I've not tried it but we have this emulator - [wiibrew.org]
May 18, 2010 06:23AM
scanff
I think Duke Nukem 3D was released for Sega Megadrive/Genesis. I've not tried it but we have this emulator - [wiibrew.org]

It's not the same...Duke 3D on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis is more Doom esque, as in it uses a first person view, and the levels are completely different. It's worth a play through, but it doesnt compare to the pc game.
May 18, 2010 07:30AM
nightwishfan1
scanff

It's not the same...Duke 3D on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis is more Doom esque, as in it uses a first person view, and the levels are completely different. It's worth a play through, but it doesnt compare to the pc game.

I should have checked it before suggesting, it's really bad on the Sega. You're right nothing like the PC version. I actually just purchased it for my XBox from arcade, I forgot how much I love that game. A Wii port would be nice though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2010 07:30AM by scanff.
May 24, 2010 01:49AM
There's actually a PSP port I've been playing on my down time which works flawlessly. If someone was planning on stepping up to the plate, it might be a tad easier to port the PSP port. Maybe not, just a suggestion.
May 25, 2010 09:02AM
Id love to see a port of rott with net support.
April 28, 2012 05:13PM
If someone wants to pick up the development, tueidj has already a working port of EDuke32 running on the Wii! :D
You can watch it in action here and check the details here: ;)
[wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2012 05:16PM by XICO2KX.
May 06, 2012 06:03AM
Totally kick ass! If only the minor stuff listed on the wiibrew dump page for the project, then it would be even better. Please whoever is working on it keep up the great work! And thanks!!
May 06, 2012 07:04AM
As noted on the wiibrew page it has been picked up by Hendricks266 who is an offical eduke32 developer (or as close as it gets to being one) and will be continued by him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login