Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Suggestion for better tites in play history of HBC

Posted by klobster 
Suggestion for better tites in play history of HBC
May 16, 2010 07:14AM
I wasn't sure where to go to suggest this, and I have settled on here. I was hoping that in a future update of the HBC it would be possible to list the actual app played instead of simply "Homebrew Channel 23:59." I first imagined this as a simple system call, but now I'm thinking that it might be possible to write directly to the log, as I believe the play history is a flat file, no?
Re: Suggestion for better tites in play history of HBC
May 16, 2010 07:55AM
First of all, the Homebrew Channel isn't listed in the play logs normally.
Second, there's no way to edit the play logs at the moment, IIRC..
May 16, 2010 10:31AM
i don't think play logs are in a flat file. i believe each play log is a seperate file, stored in a vff (virtual fat filesystem). mount that filesystem and you should be able to modify or even delete any play log you wish.

your idea to have it record the app used - more than one could be used and this would clutter play logs.
May 17, 2010 10:50AM
bg4545
Depends, if you run trough bootmii it won't if you use the system menu it will.
May 17, 2010 04:35PM
If the Homebrew Channel is run from the system menu, it will only appear in the play log if it launches a program such as Gecko OS or a warez loader which is then used used to launch a game or channel. As far as I know, it will never appear in the play log if it is launched from any homebrew application (provided that this application is not launched from the Homebrew Channel after being run from the system menu).
May 17, 2010 06:54PM
Daid
bg4545
Depends, if you run trough bootmii it won't if you use the system menu it will.

AFAIK, Team Twiizers made HBC NOT appear in play logs in recent versions. In older versions it did, and if it still does for you, you should probably update.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2010 06:55PM by SifJar.
May 18, 2010 12:19PM
SifJar
AFAIK, Team Twiizers made HBC NOT appear in play logs in recent versions. In older versions it did, and if it still does for you, you should probably update.
I made bootmii autostart HBC around the same time as I updated HBC, guess that explains it :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login