Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nazi Zombies For Wii Pliz!

Posted by ShR0oM 
Nazi Zombies For Wii Pliz!
June 07, 2010 02:34AM
i have been wondering if nazi zombies can be used in homebrew channel please respond asap team twiizers i really wanna make this happen(:
Re: Nazi Zombies For Wii Pliz!
June 07, 2010 05:14AM
ShR0oM
i have been wondering if nazi zombies can be used in homebrew channel please respond asap team twiizers i really wanna make this happen(:

Something like this would require a lot of skill and a team of people.

So in other words, probably not possible.
June 07, 2010 05:43AM
Not to mention from what I understand of the term is that Nazi Zombies is a mere game mode for several games. I've been asking around on other sites I frequent and no one has heard of a stand alone game by the name Nazi Zombies. If you have any coding experience you could clone a given Nazi Zombies game mode and make it a stand alone thing with more features. Of course however you'd need to know either C or C++ to pull it off. Not to mention a lot of free time.
June 07, 2010 05:55AM
nightwishfan1
Not to mention from what I understand of the term is that Nazi Zombies is a mere game mode for several games. I've been asking around on other sites I frequent and no one has heard of a stand alone game by the name Nazi Zombies. If you have any coding experience you could clone a given Nazi Zombies game mode and make it a stand alone thing with more features. Of course however you'd need to know either C or C++ to pull it off. Not to mention a lot of free time.
There's an iphone/ipod app called nazi zombies. There is a standalone game.
June 07, 2010 10:39AM
nightwishfan1

Not several games, only CoD:World at War AFAIK.

Anyway, to OP it is probably unlikely, but completely possible. I'd say the best bet for it may be using the Cube engine Wii port, which is I believe a decent FPS engine which could perhaps be adapted into a similar style of game.

And Team Twiizers won't do it I don't think ;)

EDIT: Note that the cube engine is not completed. It is still in the "prealpha" stage, so it'd be pretty far off

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 10:53AM by SifJar.
June 07, 2010 11:09AM
SifJar
nightwishfan1

Anyway, to OP it is probably unlikely, but completely possible. I'd say the best bet for it may be using the Cube engine Wii port, which is I believe a decent FPS engine which could perhaps be adapted into a similar style of game.

EDIT: Note that the cube engine is not completed. It is still in the "prealpha" stage, so it'd be pretty far off

Note that the cube engine has been discontinued, and work is now being done on the "Cube 2: Sauerbraten" engine, and has been that way since about 2005
June 07, 2010 12:27PM
cactusjack901
SifJar
nightwishfan1

Note that the cube engine has been discontinued, and work is now being done on the "Cube 2: Sauerbraten" engine, and has been that way since about 2005

Are you talking about the Wii port, or the official engine? Cause last I heard, the Wii port was using the Cube Engine, and wasn't discontinued.
June 07, 2010 01:08PM
I haven't heard anything of a Cube port for Wii
June 07, 2010 06:37PM
The cubeengineWii is NOT discontinued.[sourceforge.net]

Sorry I''ve not had time to work on it. But it DOES work if anyone wanted to use it for something. Or if another dev. is interested in picking it up then send me a PM and I'll add you to the SVN.
June 07, 2010 07:05PM
scanff

Sorry I''ve not had time to work on it. But it DOES work if anyone wanted to use it for something. Or if another dev. is interested in picking it up then send me a PM and I'll add you to the SVN.

Just in case my post was misinterpreted, I was not insulting your work, or complaining you haven't done much. You have done far more than I could do, and while I haven't actually tried it yet, I am sure its pretty good, and intend to probably try it soon.
June 07, 2010 07:59PM
SifJar
scanff

Just in case my post was misinterpreted, I was not insulting your work, or complaining you haven't done much. You have done far more than I could do, and while I haven't actually tried it yet, I am sure its pretty good, and intend to probably try it soon.

No, sorry it was not aimed at anyone :) I was just saying I've not abandoned the project.

The current state of it is really better than pre-alpha. The levels are playable, just slow when there's lots of static models (I need to work out display lists). Other than that everything but network should work. So if anyone is interested in using it, feel free.
June 07, 2010 08:08PM
yeah, same here, I didn't even know this existed.
June 07, 2010 08:26PM
scanff
SifJar
scanff

No, sorry it was not aimed at anyone :) I was just saying I've not abandoned the project.

The current state of it is really better than pre-alpha. The levels are playable, just slow when there's lots of static models (I need to work out display lists). Other than that everything but network should work. So if anyone is interested in using it, feel free.

I saw "pre-alpha" somewhere on the sourceforge page I think, and just said it here. I apologize that it was inaccurate.
June 16, 2010 08:37AM
Talking of Zombies I just downloaded "I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES!!!1" from XBox Arcade... Was very fun ... would be a great zombie game to remake for Wii.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login