Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Counter Strike on WII

Posted by kckan 
Counter Strike on WII
June 07, 2010 06:20AM
can anyone please try to port this. or at least counter strike 2d. they did this for the psp and it was great and i would assume it would be easier to port it on the wii than the psp. right? i have no c++ experience so i cant really do it... anyone else really want this? i think this would be a great game if someone used the wiimote and the sensor bar to add a cursor like in the pc version of cs2d. i think this could have potential if anyone is willing to try it.
Re: Counter Strike on WII
June 07, 2010 10:02AM
No source code, no port. Sorry. Counter strike 2d looks like it would be possible, I think the source code is available somewhere...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 10:04AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 07, 2010 11:06PM
It looks to me like the PSP version of Counter Strike is either a port of an engine which runs the Counter Strike files or they're using a port of DOSBox (which we already have on the Wii) to emulate it. Unfortunately, it seems that any information regarding it is hard to find and I really don't have the time to look into it any more than this.
June 08, 2010 08:21AM
[cs2d.ath.cx]

in german...annoying
June 08, 2010 08:32AM
could we run it as a quake pak somehow??
June 08, 2010 09:50PM
kckan
could we run it as a quake pak somehow??
Thats basically what I suggested in my previous post. If you can find an open source engine (preferably written in SDL) to play the files, it shouldn't be too much trouble to port and get Counter Strike working.
June 08, 2010 09:54PM
use half life engine

source code

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2010 09:55PM by kckan.
June 09, 2010 12:20AM
kckan
use half life engine

source code

That looks like the SDK source to me (without downloading), not the actual source code. Not completely sure, but I don't think thats what is needed.

EDIT: However, the CSPortable (Counter Strike PSP) source IS available, right here: [www.psp-hacks.com]

Apparently uses Quake engine which is already ported to Wii.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2010 12:22AM by SifJar.
June 13, 2010 02:28AM
so...can someone who is good with this stuff give this a try...
and that isnt the actual source code

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 02:29AM by kckan.
June 13, 2010 07:01AM
kckan
so...can someone who is good with this stuff give this a try...
and that isnt the actual source code

Yes, we are aware that isn't the source code for CS, that just isn't available, it's what is known as a "closed-source" game. We can't port those, since we have no access to the source code. CSPortable however, is a clone, made for the PSP, that is Open-Source, hence, we can port it.
June 13, 2010 03:57PM
im asking someone to port the psp version of the game. dumbass
June 13, 2010 04:42PM
kckan
im asking someone to port the psp version of the game. dumbass

Stop flaming. You were being a dumbass saying that that wasn't the actual source. It IS the source of the PSP one, as he was explaining. Now you just look like a complete idiot and also not a nice person. Way to make people like you and want to help you.
June 13, 2010 06:53PM
u dont understand which one i was saying isnt the source code i know the psp one is the source code i was saying the sdl code wasnt.
June 13, 2010 09:04PM
kckan
u dont understand which one i was saying isnt the source code i know the psp one is the source code i was saying the sdl code wasnt.

Doesn't matter, you still made yourself look like an asshole. Also, please, for the love of god use proper grammar. It makes you look a hell of a lot smarter, makes your posts easier to read, and makes you seem like less of a dick.

EDIT: Also, to clarify what you're referring to, that's what the quote function is for. Learn to use it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 09:06PM by cactusjack901.
June 13, 2010 09:19PM
im a noob.
June 13, 2010 10:59PM
Doesn't give you an excuse to be an asshole.
June 13, 2010 11:14PM
cactusjack901

Precisely. It was very unclear what you were talking about, so it was a simple mistake to make, yet you proceeded to call him a dumbass. Even a n00b should know thats not a good move when you're trying to get people to do something for you.
June 13, 2010 11:33PM
SifJar
cactusjack901

Precisely. It was very unclear what you were talking about, so it was a simple mistake to make, yet you proceeded to call him a dumbass. Even a n00b should know thats not a good move when you're trying to get people to do something for you.

Thank you, SifJar. It really annoys me when people think "I'm a n00b" or something with even worse grammar, is an instant excuse for any idiocy on the internet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login