Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

icon.png for Powder Toy port to Wii

Posted by Arikado 
icon.png for Powder Toy port to Wii
August 12, 2010 05:00PM
I ported Powder Toy to Wii yesterday and I'm wondering if someone could please make me an icon.png for it for the release. So far, I'm planning on just calling it Powder Toy (unless someone can think of a more creative name for my Wii build).
Re: icon.png for Powder Toy port to Wii
August 12, 2010 05:30PM
I'm not great at graphic design, but I decided to try and I made this:

I realise its not great, but if no-one else makes one, its there

EDIT: BTW, if anyone who IS good at graphic design wants to take my image and improve it, rather than start from scratch, please feel free to do so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2010 05:31PM by SifJar.
August 12, 2010 05:36PM
Thanks a lot :) I have no artistic talent at all so I love it. Now I can at least open up an SVN and push out an initial release :)
August 30, 2010 12:18PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the particle sim that has a lot of things like water and rock also right? The name should reflect that IMO and I'll try my hand at some graphics for you if your still interested?
August 30, 2010 12:21PM
How about Partiicle or SandBoxii. Something using the wii naming convention that gives the user an idea of what to expect without having to read a description. My two cents XD.
Btw are you still developing thi. If so you should consider tabbed groups of button so that the buttons can be larger and therefore more readable. I can't see what most of the button says like water and yadayada.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2010 12:24PM by reroshaggy.
August 30, 2010 01:35PM
reroshaggy
How about Partiicle or SandBoxii. Something using the wii naming convention that gives the user an idea of what to expect without having to read a description. My two cents XD.
Btw are you still developing thi. If so you should consider tabbed groups of button so that the buttons can be larger and therefore more readable. I can't see what most of the button says like water and yadayada.

The original game is called Powder Game, therefore so is the port.

And that ridiculous "ii" naming thing is stupid and very annoying. It is not a "convention", some lazy people couldn't be bothered to think up a decent name so they stick "ii" in it and think its original. Very occasionally, it fits and its OK, but it is far too overused.
August 30, 2010 04:23PM
SifJar
reroshaggy

The original game is called Powder Game, therefore so is the port.

And that ridiculous "ii" naming thing is stupid and very annoying. It is not a "convention", some lazy people couldn't be bothered to think up a decent name so they stick "ii" in it and think its original. Very occasionally, it fits and its OK, but it is far too overused.
Yes, what I'm calling "Powder Toy" is actually usually called "Powder Game" and what Im calling "The Powder Toy" is usually just called "Powder Toy". However theres also a lot of people who use the names I went with just as often. In fact, the IRC channel for the powder games advised me to name them as I did.

Anyways, I think this topic has gone on for way too long now.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.