Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Port of Starblade to Wii

Posted by Rocker91 
Port of Starblade to Wii
August 25, 2010 04:43AM
Starblade was released by namco in 1991. It's a space shoot em up similar to Star Fox. It was released for the arcade and has been remade for newer systems such as Sega CD and PSX; however, using the arcade version is the most feasible way to port this game. Here is just a brief video of the arcade version of the game, you may have played it in Tekken 5 (it was included as a bonus game).

[www.youtube.com]

This game is very fun and addictive. I believe this will be a big hit in the homebrew community. Unfortunatly, I have no programming experience so I will solely be relying on a more experienced dev; however, I will do whatever I can to help this project. I know a lot of devs are busy and have other projects, but if someone can do it that would be great. Please respond to this topic if you are interested, I would greatly appreciate it.
Re: Port of Starblade to Wii
August 25, 2010 06:42AM
If there is no source code available (i.e. the game isn't open-source) it cannot be ported.
A clone, however, may be possible.
August 25, 2010 04:43PM
I looked for a source and found none. I will continue to search, but my guess is that it will have to be cloned.
August 27, 2010 08:56PM
I haven't found a source :( anyone wanna do a clone?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login