Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew on NON MODDED Wii?

Posted by Yoghurt 
Homebrew on NON MODDED Wii?
November 05, 2010 12:56AM
I have NO IDEA if this would work but here I go...

The basic idea I have is, that everyone with a Wii should play my game once done.
However, not everyone has a modded Wii.
So my idea was it to create some sort of one time use thing that runs on any unmodded or modded wii that loads data directly from the SD card. Mabye a channel or something.
You go to the SD card menu (SD card icon in system menu) where all your bought games appear and then select my game and can play, like any official game. or maybe select the icon to install my game.

I mean, if its possible to install the homebrew channel through the SD card, it should be impossible to install virtually any other channel aswell, right?
Re: Homebrew on NON MODDED Wii?
November 05, 2010 01:18AM
Why not just run an exploit to load your games executable directly or just install the HBC?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 01:18AM by Arikado.
November 05, 2010 10:28AM
If it would be possible to directly run software without exploits/HBC then we wouldn't need exploits/HBC.

You can run your software directly trough an exploit like Arikado suggests. But if you need to use an exploit anyway you might as well install HBC to make it easier. Expoits get fixed, but HBC will always remain the same.
November 05, 2010 06:28PM
An exploit is exactly what you are talking about. And also, no offence, but I think its pretty big headed to think that everyone will want to play your game. I'm sure its great, but that does NOT mean everyone will want to play it.
November 06, 2010 01:51AM
i dont think everyone will play my game. i just want to give them a chance if tehy want to^^
exploit... okay. so i can use this exploit thingy to install my game.
i dont want to install HBC since its not my wii. and im note sure if its a good idea to tell people to install HBC ont their wiis...
November 06, 2010 02:47AM
Well if the want to play your homebrew game, then they should use homebrew.
November 06, 2010 01:57PM
If you want to install it on their Wii, its safer I'd say to install HBC, as that requires no IOS modifications. To install a channel you'd need a patched IOS, which isn't even possible on a "virgin" 4.3 Wii without installing HBC first.
November 06, 2010 06:52PM
okay i understand. thanx for the explanation guys :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login