Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wire3D: Call for Participation

Posted by antibyte 
Wire3D: Call for Participation
March 15, 2012 12:12PM
Hi, I've released a 3D engine called Wire3D ( http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wire3D ). In terms of a Wii homebrew pet project I think it turned out to be quite nice, however in comparison to engines on other platforms it's still very rudimentary. All the rendering basics abstracting the hardware are there, so it's a matter of adding high-level features to make the project more useful and developer friendly.

Since this is more than I can handle in my spare time, I'm looking for people to join the project. If you know C++ and want to participate, please contact me (antibyte at gmail dot com). From simple features, like a skybox, terrain or a particle system to more complex features like a gui system or adding a platform independent sound lib, there's a lot of stuff that could be done. Or you just contribute your own ideas. Either way I will help realizing them.

If you have any questions, contact me or post them here.

(P.S.: sorry for posting this in the wrong section at first)
Re: Wire3D: Call for Participation
March 15, 2012 08:17PM
Deleted your other topic seeing as it seems this is where you wanted it. In future, just click the "report" link on your own post and say in the report that you want it moved to another section (specifying which section), rather than posting the same thing twice.
July 19, 2012 09:41PM
Antibyte, I downloaded the source, and am working through the example/samples and the demo.

I am checking through the controllers and the importer (trying to figure how to get anything else to load into it -- since I don't usually use Unity3D).

I know C++ and have loads of time.

I will start looking through and seeing what might be productively added.

My plan for a tiny game is a load "zone" from the network -- might kill that bit though.

I will PM you shortly.
August 29, 2012 03:47PM
CodeSculptor,

I never got a PM from you. I was told just now that the PM system is broken, so you might want to contact me via the project page of Wire3d.

We've added quite some features in the meantime and are working on a game demo for the next release.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login