Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii speak driver coding

Posted by neslinesli93 
Wii speak driver coding
March 25, 2012 07:35PM
Hi everybody.
I don't really know if this is the right section to post about driver coding.
Anyway, I need some tips to start this project: actually I'd like to code a driver to make Wii speak work as a USB mic on Windows.
Actually I don't know where to start, so I decided to ask for some advice.
What should I know in order to get this work done?
I'm learning ASM with Intel syntax, and I know a bit of C; however i can't start this project at all.
If you can't help in this, could you at least redirect me to a forum that deals with the question?
Thank you.
Re: Wii speak driver coding
March 25, 2012 09:21PM
The wii speak device requires custom firmware to be loaded onto it before it can be used. The only way you can get that firmware is by ripping it out of a wii speak compatible game so there's not much hope for making a "legal" driver.
March 25, 2012 10:55PM
On a side note, it is possible to change the wiring and use it with a standard mic jack, but that presumably stops it working via USB so it wouldn't be usable with the Wii anymore (unless there is a way to have both connections working, which there quite possibly is).

tueidj: Theoretically, would it not be possible to write a custom firmware, completely independent on copyrighted code? Not sure if that'd be a huge amount of work or whatever though.
March 26, 2012 09:25AM
It's a custom chip so good luck with that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login