Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with Mario Kart on 3.2u

Posted by RazorChrist 
Problems with Mario Kart on 3.2u
April 20, 2009 01:26AM
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I've got a friend that has a problem with Mario Kart. He was originally on 3.4u and I downgraded his Wii to 3.2u using the following guide: Link removed

Everything works fine except it doesn't allow him to play Mario Kart. I believe it keeps asking to update, but not 100% sure at the moment. I figured we could fix it by running cIOS downgrader again and selecting 3.3u instead. However, I heard the games are IOS dependent, not System Menu dependent, so I don't know if this will work. Is there a specific IOS that Mario Kart is looking for? Or would going up to 3.3u fix the problem?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2009 01:26AM by Arikado.
Re: Problems with Mario Kart on 3.2u
April 20, 2009 08:09AM
i would try using gecko os
Re: Problems with Mario Kart on 3.2u
April 21, 2009 02:46PM
RazorChrist
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I've got a friend that has a problem with Mario Kart. He was originally on 3.4u and I downgraded his Wii to 3.2u using the following guide: Link removed

Everything works fine except it doesn't allow him to play Mario Kart. I believe it keeps asking to update, but not 100% sure at the moment. I figured we could fix it by running cIOS downgrader again and selecting 3.3u instead. However, I heard the games are IOS dependent, not System Menu dependent, so I don't know if this will work. Is there a specific IOS that Mario Kart is looking for? Or would going up to 3.3u fix the problem?

You're stretching the bounds of this particular subforum, but ...

Take a look at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_database#00010000_and_00010004_:_Disc-based_games. That says that MK uses IOS36 -- if you do not have this installed, it will not play. Furthermore, if any of the title WADs listed in that table are newer than those on your Wii, the system menu will try to force you to update before playing -- however, you could use GeckoOS to get around that, as mentioned above.

Does that answer your question?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login