Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Virtual Console Download Problem/Homebrew Mess up

Posted by Syrek 
Virtual Console Download Problem/Homebrew Mess up
April 07, 2009 06:22AM
Hi, my name is Syrek and I started using Homebrew about a month or so ago. Since then I have been happily enjoying such games like Super Smash Bros and TMNT: Turtles in Time. However, just recently the Wii update version 4.0 was released and I wanted to put all my VC and Wiiware games on the SD card including the ones I downloaded. The hacked VC content did not work so I deleted them and bought alot of Wii Points to actually physically purchase the games. However when upon downloading them from the Wii Shop Channel, I concured an error code as soon as the Wii stole the points that were needed to download said game and instead of downloading came up with error code 204036. Upon this, I thought it was an internet problem. Apparently it was not for I bought Super Punch-out!! with no problems since it was not a hacked game. Now I cannot purchase the VC games that I hacked nor hack them once more as I deleted my Homebrew Channel before I had the knowledge of this occurance. Now all these great games cannot be bought and I lost a good 5500 points on games that I cannot aquire. Any thoughts. Sorry for the long details but I need to find a way to download these games since I paid good money. Any suggestions? Thanks and I look forward to posting here often. I don't want to format my Wii in fear that my Brawl, Animal Crossing and Mario Kart saves will be lost. Also I removed the Homebrew Channel and now I can't reverse the process or help it with its assistance. I NEED HELP!!
Re: Virtual Console Download Problem/Homebrew Mess up
April 07, 2009 07:22AM
What do you mean by buying hacked games? And the error code means there's a problem with the WiiShop.
April 07, 2009 02:04PM
Once you buy the game, through the shop channel you "Should" be able to re-download them... If it gives you the option that you can, then download them to an SD card, from there you should be able to move the games if you want to to the Wii, but its bes tto leave them on the SD card to keep your Wii memory free

I've read the error has been going around and has NOTHING to do with HBC. Some people have reformatted but others have downloaded straight to the SD card.
April 07, 2009 03:35PM
Exactly how did you remove your pirated games? If you just deleted them through the channel management, then you left the ticket and tmd on the Wii, thus making the Wii Shop think that you've already got it on your system and preventing the download. You need to either use WAD Manager to delete the pirated channels properly (requires the wads you used to install), or use AnyTitle Deleter to remove the stray data. I would use ATDmod4 and/or DB so that you can see the names for what you're looking at...you don't want to delete the wrong thing.

Kudos on doing the right thing and buying those games legally btw. It's the only reason I helped you. :)
April 07, 2009 05:35PM
I removed the pirated games through the channel management while at the same time deleting the Hombrew Channel, thinking that may have done something to the Shop Channel. However it was not affecting the Shop Channel in any way and I do believe now with 100% certainty that the ticket and tmd is still on the Wii and I have no way of deleting it since I cannot reinstall the Homebrew Channel onto my Wii unless we get a new update for that. I hacked certain VC games that were already accessiable via the Shop Channel and then I decided to actually buy them since I felt morally obligated to do so. However all the games that I hacked would not download from the Shop channel because the ticket must be still stuck on the Wii. I know for certain that I would format the Wii if I didn't have Super Smash Bros Brawl data that was so valuable. However I do and stupid Nintendo will not allow me to bring it to my SD card. I was thinking of buying more Wii Cards and downloading them from another Wii, either by placing the my SD card in his Wii and placing the downloads onto the SD card so I can easily bring them over to my Wii but I'm sure Nintendo figured out a way to stop me from doing that as well. Any ideas??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 05:42PM by Syrek.
April 07, 2009 07:34PM
This may be a longshot but couldn't I download the Homebrew Channel on someone elses Wii then transfer it to my Wii via the SD card? That way I can use the Wad Manager and essentially purge any downloaded files that remain on the Wii allowing me to finally download the games I payed money for. Does anyone think otherwise?
April 07, 2009 08:10PM
You could try that but I don't know if it will run from the SD
April 07, 2009 09:03PM
Syrek
couldn't I download the Homebrew Channel on someone elses Wii then transfer it to my Wii via the SD card?

No you cant, You cant get anything to run from the HBC from the SD slot, it will give you an error
April 07, 2009 09:24PM
I won't be running the HBC from the SD card. After copying it onto my SD card I will then bring it to my Wii and place it on the Wii menu.
April 07, 2009 11:06PM
Perhaps you need to get rid of the titles of the games you pirated.

BTW, is there any chance this was a one in a million occurence? I find it hard to believe Nintendo would steal your money without notification via the Wii Shop channel. Like someone before me suggested, can you redownload any games legally via the Wii Shop Channel?
April 08, 2009 12:34AM
I've tried downloading the games on two seperate occassions and I already got rid of the titles I pirated, data and channel but for some reason I still get that error code with only those particular games.
April 08, 2009 12:35AM
How did you get rid of the titles?
April 08, 2009 05:49AM
I deleted them from both the Channel Management and Data Management in the System Options of the Wii where u can delete channels and save data. However the ticket is still attached the Wii and the only way of deleting it is through the Homebrew Channel which I do not have anymore.
April 08, 2009 02:41PM
But if the titles are still on your Wii? How could the shop channel charge you again?

And how did you waste 5500 points? (Why didn't you stop after the first error message)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 02:41PM by daniel_c_w.
April 08, 2009 05:30PM
It didn't charge me again. I downloaded the games that I hacked that were on the Virtual Console and not some injected wad. I downloaded the first one, i got the error code, I wanted to try another one, same error code, I continued to do the same with the other three games, same error code. I only got charged once. I've already established that I need the Homebrew Channel to delete the existing tickets that remain on my Wii becasue the Wii Shop Channel thinks I already have the games on my Wii, however thats the ticket that makes it look like I do, preventing me from downloading it. So ALL I need is to find a way to put the Homebrew Channel on my Wii again, either via another Wii using an SD card or some other method or a new Homebrew Channel. Any suggestions to what I can do?
April 08, 2009 07:14PM
for now, wait till a new exploit comes out...

some of the other sites say to reformat or try downloading straight to an SD card
April 10, 2009 04:56AM
I fixed the problem by formatting my Wii however I did lose all my Mii data, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Animal Crossing and most if not all my VC save data. However I want to look at this as both my consequence and a new beginning to start fresh with all the VC I want in place. So thanks to those who tried to help and those who gave me advice. No More Homebrew for me. :)
April 13, 2009 03:44PM
I think you mean "No more warez for me"
April 15, 2009 05:28AM
Couldn't have you moved your save files to the SD card then reformatted?
April 22, 2009 05:30PM
Yes and no. Some of the games I could care less about like Wii Sports and Mario Party had no problem transferring back and forth from my Wii to SD card while the most important ones like Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart and Animal Crossing were not able to trasnfer over probably because Nintendo encoded something to stop people from bringing their completed saves over to their friends.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login