Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PAL Virtual Console speed

Posted by lotheac 
PAL Virtual Console speed
May 19, 2009 04:18PM
Hello, first time poster here.

I've been trying for some time now to get the virtual console games on my PAL Wii to run at the correct speed (ie. 60Hz), but it turns out this wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Changing the console video mode with AnyRegion Changer resulting in a black screen after starting a game (yes, my display supports NTSC).

I considered changing my shop channel region to USA to see if I could download NTSC titles and tried, but not surprisingly I couldn't access Shop Channel - my console region was still Europe, and I suppose Shop Channel tried to tell Nintendo's European servers it's in the US.

If I were to change my console region to NTSC as well as install the US system menu, I know I could access the US shop channel. I assume I'd have to repurchase any VC title I wanted to download, since the titles between regions differ and purchases linked to a certain shop channel account is probably saved on servers in the region in question anyway. This seems like an awful lot of work, and I'd probably run into problems with running PAL titles anyway.

So what I'm asking is this; is there something I've overlooked or am I stuck with painfully slow classics?

edit: I may have posted this in the wrong forum, my apologies if that's the case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2009 04:22PM by lotheac.
Re: PAL Virtual Console speed
May 19, 2009 05:01PM
lotheac
I considered changing my shop channel region to USA to see if I could download NTSC titles and tried, but not surprisingly I couldn't access Shop Channel - my console region was still Europe, and I suppose Shop Channel tried to tell Nintendo's European servers it's in the US.

Nintendo stores which shop your Wii can access.
To change it, you have to delete your shop account!
(loosing the tickets for all games in the process)
June 23, 2009 02:25AM
daniel_c_w
lotheac

Nintendo stores which shop your Wii can access.
To change it, you have to delete your shop account!
(loosing the tickets for all games in the process)

that's not true...some time ago I had 2 accounts...1 european and 1 us shop account...changing shop channel account worked fine for me.although you have to be VERY careful with future updates.

you can get stuck in a shop channel region,making the second account worthless...this will result in losing all tickets on the account not being used while updating.
June 23, 2009 05:17AM
Sephiroth
that's not true...some time ago I had 2 accounts...

"Some time ago" it did not look like Nintendo stores your Wii's region serverside.
June 23, 2009 09:12PM
daniel_c_w
Sephiroth
that's not true...some time ago I had 2 accounts...

"Some time ago" it did not look like Nintendo stores your Wii's region serverside.

so you mean this "trick" can't be done nowadays?? and I thought it just depends on your installed firmware...
June 27, 2009 12:37AM
no they updated the shop servers to stop you having multiple accounts, in my case I somehow got stuck with an undeletable US account so I can't switch back to PAL :/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login