Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SaveMii

Posted by pinball Wizard 
SaveMii
September 27, 2008 04:35PM
So, with savemii, I don't exactly see what discs you can use on an unmodded wii. Can I just take a disc, like the semi-unbricker, burn it and put it in my wii and it will be most likely fix it? I just don't understand. The video showed a burned DVD being inserted but I thought you can't run those discs on a unmodded wii. Please forgive my stupidity.
Re: SaveMii
September 28, 2008 10:49PM
For an unmodded Wii: You can insert any real Wii game disc. It won't boot the game, but it will try to install any update that is on the disc. (This doesn't mean that it will downgrade it! Rather, it means that if you have a "full-brick" Wii that won't even check to see if you've inserted a disc, you can recover it using a newer game and SaveMii.)
September 30, 2008 02:05AM
So another words on an unmodified wii there has to be a newer update out for it to work, right?
October 03, 2008 09:56AM
October 05, 2008 07:44PM
Thanks for the clarification.
January 25, 2009 03:43PM
does savemii update from standard games? I just thought it accepted autoboot (0xxx or 1xxx) discs
January 25, 2009 04:22PM
metroid_maniac
does savemii update from standard games? I just thought it accepted autoboot (0xxx or 1xxx) discs

On System Menu >= 3.0, it will install updates from normal discs. This is not the case on 2.x; no clue why.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login