Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How does the Wii update the message board with game play time?

Posted by agoaj 
Re: How does the Wii update the message board with game play time?
November 06, 2009 08:58PM
TopGun96
Twiizers included special code that allowed it to record time on the HBC. It was buggy so they removed it. Now it doesnt show in the play log. (might be wrong)

I'm not much of a coder, I was just looking through this board in hopes of learning something about how the Wii works.

Anyways, this is not true, in most cases anyways.
Lately I've noticed that whenever I just run the HBC to do misc. functions, no play time is recorded on to the wii message board. However, if I launch a wii game through GeckoOS, it records the playtime of that game onto the wii message board and has it listed as "The Homebrew Channel."

I just noticed this recently though, and this may be because I haven't updated to the latest version of HBC yet.
November 06, 2009 10:55PM
Yeah now they have code that removes it.
November 17, 2009 03:43PM
Is deducing the structure of playtime_buf left as an exercise for the reader?

Edit: nm, figured it out (pretty simple).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 02:43PM by tueidj.
December 19, 2009 07:01PM
I feel like I should point out, alot of forwarder channels that go to homebrew, they record the time I use an app, but only if used through a forwarder channel... Interesting, it may have some sort of a special hook that it uses to record time, maybe like Gecko uses its hooks...
Just a guess
December 21, 2009 02:22AM
We know it's done by the System Menu. For some reason, it refused to work with the HBC, however.
December 21, 2009 02:12PM
it doesnt work with hbc because TT added code to manually destroy the playtime record of hbc. bushing already said that in this thread.
December 22, 2009 07:00PM
No, I mean before they did that. The HBC would show up, but you would always have a 00:01 playtime.
December 22, 2009 07:17PM
i usually had various play times actually. 10 minutes, 7 minutes, etc. I dont think it was often just 1 minute.
December 23, 2009 12:18PM
WikiFSX
No, I mean before they did that. The HBC would show up, but you would always have a 00:01 playtime.
I usually have 1 min playtime too.
December 24, 2009 09:29PM
I might actually be wrong, it might just be that, for some reason, the playtime code cuts out when you launch an app, or used to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 09:30PM by WikiFSX.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login