Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tweaking Channels

Posted by SifJar 
Tweaking Channels
July 01, 2009 04:12PM
Hi there. I've been thinking about the possibiltiy of tweaking Wii Channels. Just some of the system channels like Mii Channel or Internet Channel or something. But my question is this - what are they written in? And how would I do these tweaks? Would I just use FSToolbox to dump the Channels off my NAND, then open the files I get, or is there more to it than that? I expect there may be... Or could I download them from NUSD (not Internet Channel obviously, but system ones) and not package them into a WAD then edit the files? Would they need to be decrypted with the Wii's Common Key? I can get that using xzzyy right? And how would I get the tweaked channels back onto the Wii? Sorry for all the questions, just wondering if this is feasible at all?
Re: Tweaking Channels
July 01, 2009 05:26PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "tweaking" nor am I sure of how to dump channels from a Wii.

But if you can get a hold of a WAD, a hex editor is your best bet for editing/"tweaking" WADs.
July 01, 2009 05:52PM
i'm not that sure either what i mean by tweaking lol. just like trying to mess about with the contents, see if anything can be changed to make it more useful or something. just an idea, probably a stupid one. and i doubt hex-editing a WAD will give anything useful.
July 01, 2009 07:21PM
Hex editors are also used for dissassembly FYI
July 01, 2009 07:31PM
well, i doubt i'd have the knowledge/skill required to do anything useful, so never mind.
July 01, 2009 09:36PM
Oddly, you CAN get the Internet Channel off NUS.

Using NUS Downloader, enter the channel you want, and then check the decrypt box. This will download and decrypt the contents. From there, you probably have to use a U8 archive extraction utility, etc, and then follow that up with editing the contents with a hex editor. You will need a key.bin to decrypt contents, place it with the NUSD executable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2009 09:50PM by WB3000.
July 01, 2009 09:43PM
SifJar
Hi there. I've been thinking about the possibiltiy of tweaking Wii Channels. Just some of the system channels like Mii Channel or Internet Channel or something. But my question is this - what are they written in? And how would I do these tweaks? Would I just use FSToolbox to dump the Channels off my NAND, then open the files I get, or is there more to it than that? I expect there may be... Or could I download them from NUSD (not Internet Channel obviously, but system ones) and not package them into a WAD then edit the files? Would they need to be decrypted with the Wii's Common Key? I can get that using xzzyy right? And how would I get the tweaked channels back onto the Wii? Sorry for all the questions, just wondering if this is feasible at all?

You could make some codes with a USB Gecko to launch through gecko os. Sorry if i don't get what you're trying to say....
July 07, 2009 03:15PM
Wii channels are in PowerPC assembler with IOS calls on the Wii. The source, held by the channel's developer, is most likely some form of C.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login