Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is the algorithm located in IOS or in game DOL file

Posted by cgha 
Is the algorithm located in IOS or in game DOL file
August 28, 2009 05:08AM
Hector martin find out the algorithm of wiimote expansion port,but i don't know how he managed to do it.The community lacks some Getting started guide to guide newbies to join in.There is a new encryption algorithm if the Motionplus plugged into the wiimote expansion port,i think it reside in the game dvd like Wii sport resort or Tiger wood.So should i extract these game to get DOL file and load it into IDAPRO,then debug it to figure out it?Many thanks!

Chris

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2009 03:04AM by cgha.
Re: Is the algorithm located in IOS or in game WOL file
August 28, 2009 01:37PM
1. Its DOL file, not a WOL file
2. Its IDA Pro, not EDA Pro
3. If you dont know that stuff, and you describe yourself as a newbie, I think you have a bit to learn before you're disassembling DOL files and working out encryption algorithms. No offfence.
Re: Is the algorithm located in IOS or in game DOL file
September 02, 2009 11:47AM
Thanks SjfJar,Now i can run my helloworld on wii,but the point is i do not know where the algorithm may reside in,the Dol file of disc or In a new IOS,what's the process if i want to hack it out. Thanks again.

chris
September 02, 2009 06:05PM
I'd guess it'd probably be in the IOS, but I really have no idea what you're talking about, so I'd say wait for someone else to tell you. And BTW, IDA Pro costs several hundred pounds for the full version (which is needed for disassembling Wii stuff).
September 03, 2009 06:02AM
Oh,sorry for my bad explanation,the story is like this:
When i plugged my motionplus into wiimote (in system menu or in game menu like Wii Sport Resort),there will be a base initialize process that decared on wiibrew wikiMotionPlus Initialize but when i enter into the game,a more complex initialize process happen,and i find there are some encryption here.

I think it's the ppc code running if it was in the game menu(have not enter game to play it),but the IOS is arm code and play the role of loading the game(ppc code) and jump to it,

Thanks.
Chris
September 03, 2009 01:37PM
All of the Wiimote / Bluetooth stuff is handled on the PPC in the main game executable. IOS has nothing to do with it.
September 04, 2009 10:06AM
Oh,Bushing,
does the main game executable mean the main.dol file extracted from ISO file? I've downloaded a RZTJ.DOL,but it has only 1.40M bytes,is that right?
Or i should suffer the low speed to download a DVD ISO (etc. Wii Sport Resort),and use wiiscrubber to extract the main.dol file.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2009 12:01PM by cgha.
September 04, 2009 08:21PM
Uh, downloading a Wii game (i.e. an ISO) is illegal, and VERY much against the rules of this forum. As is downloading that .dol I'd guess, as it looks like its from a proper game. Rip an ISO of your own game, and get the .dol from it, sure. But dont download an ISO.
September 05, 2009 02:55AM
ok,i have the disc of WiiSports Resort,but i can not get the wii disc ripper run correctly on my wii,is there any other way to rip the disc to an iso file or just the dol file out? Thanks!

chris
September 05, 2009 06:05AM
Can someone here upload a main.dol file if it is small?
I just want to learn how to reverse it,so any game disc for wii is ok.
I think the dol file i downloaded is a player.dol that does not contains the algorithm at all.

my system menu is 4.0U,and i want to use wii dvd dumper,but it need a CIOS,and i do not want to install it because it is dangerous.

Thanks!

chris
September 05, 2009 10:22AM
Just use DVD Decryptor on your computer, I'm pretty sure that works. And NO, no one will upload a main.dol, because that is ILLEGAL.
September 05, 2009 11:11AM
Your computer won't read Wii DVD AFAIK. (Due to BCA stuff, I think).
September 05, 2009 12:45PM
Oh. Then FTPii with DVDx installed apparently works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2009 12:52PM by SifJar.
September 07, 2009 03:59AM
Thanks for your reply.
I've installed the DVDx,but when i want to get the FTPii work,it give me a message that the network not initialized,I'm using a USB2NET card from nintendo,and i do not have a wireless network,can this works,thanks!

Chris
September 07, 2009 04:12AM
More info about my wii
The system menu version is 4.0U,updated from 3.2 or 3.4(I dont remember),and i use a usb 2 net adapter using AX88772.

Chris
September 07, 2009 05:13AM
Now the FTPii is working,but when i insert a dvd it can not be mounted,say Mounting Wii disc image...failed Mounting Wii disc filesystem...failed,Mounting ISO9600 filesystem ...failed?Why?
I'm using 0.0.19 FTPii version. Many thanks!

Chris
September 07, 2009 08:26PM
You need PatchMii I'm afraid, and I dont think that can be installed on your System Menu. At least, not without doing stuff unsupported here. Sorry. I did not know that before, just found out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login