Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extracting .app files

Posted by SifJar 
Extracting .app files
September 12, 2009 10:43PM
How do I extract a .app file? I have download and decrypted a System Menu with NUSD and want to look about inside it. I believe that the .app files are U8 archives, but can anyone tell me what legal tool I can use to extact them? Thanks
Re: Extracting .app files
September 12, 2009 10:59PM
doesnt icefire have a tool that extracts U8 archives?

1. Might be wrong
2. not sure if it is legal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 10:59PM by TopGun96.
September 12, 2009 11:14PM
number 2 is what I'm worried about. i dont want to use illegal stuff. number 1 is correct. the only thing I've found so far is a chunk of C code which needs to be added to segher's wii git, and I dont want to download the whole git to try (and probably fail) to get it working.

EDIT: I downloaded U8 Tools, not icefire's tool

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 11:19PM by SifJar.
September 12, 2009 11:24PM
alright... good luck
September 12, 2009 11:50PM
Well, U8Tools worked for that bit, and with quite a bit of trouble, I managed to decompress some Lz77 compressed files with comex's gbalzss. However, I find it annoying that I have to type each file individually to decompress it. Is there a way to type one command and have it decompress every file in a folder and put the results in another folder? For example, lets say there are 20 images in a folder called IMG I want to decompress. Is there something I can type to make it decompress every file in the folder IMG and put them all in dIMG?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login