Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Download or stream Nintendo Channel Videos

Posted by emuman100 
Download or stream Nintendo Channel Videos
October 02, 2009 10:19AM
I want to download the Nintendo Channel videos instead of streaming them on my wii. I did a packet capture with wireshark and noticed it download [entu.wapp.wii.com] and then did a TLS key exchange and did https streaming. From looking on the net, I came across [code.google.com] which kind of explains what goes on. From what I can see, it doesn't really say of csdata.LZ is encrypted or not, but is LZSS compressed. Further reading states that within this file is a list of download urls for DS demos and high and low quality videos. Can anyone recommend some tools or something to pick apart the file and get the urls? Seems like every DS demo and video has a code associated with it, the code being it's file name.

Thanks.

Jonathan
Re: Download or stream Nintendo Channel Videos
October 03, 2009 06:34PM
ninchdl-listext is available in wmb-asm SVN, but you must compile it. This can directly download csdata.LZ and the dl list directly from the server, and dump demos and videos info and URLs to dumpx.txt, where is x region. For US, you'd use this: ninchdl-listext US en u 4.
csdata.LZ is encrypted. You'll also need wc24decrypt, available in SVN as well.(You'll also need Nintendo Channel's wc24pubk.mod stored under it's data directory.) The only useful data contained in that is the dl list ID, which ninchdl-listext uses to download the dl list. However, for videos, they switched the video format from .3gp to .mo. I have had no success playing .mo. A codec with FourCC MOC5 is used. To play these, someone would need to find the MOC5 codec.(A converter may also be needed, as video players don't recognize the format.) This may be related to Mobiclip, but the codec available for download from their website has FourCC MOHD.
What OS do you use? I could PM builds of wc24decrypt and ninchdl-listext if you don't have a compiler.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2009 06:36PM by yellowstar.
October 03, 2009 07:20PM
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to contact you. I use freebsd. I used svn to download the source tree, and when I rename Makefile.nix to Makefile and try to make wc24decrypt, I get the following output:

"Makefile", line 30: warning: duplicate script for target "%.o" ignored
"Makefile", line 31: warning: duplicate script for target "%.o" ignored
"Makefile", line 36: warning: duplicate script for target "%.o" ignored
"Makefile", line 37: warning: duplicate script for target "%.o" ignored
"Makefile", line 41: warning: duplicate script for target "%.o" ignored
"Makefile", line 42: warning: duplicate script for target "%.o" ignored
Error expanding embedded variable.

The warnings print lines where the problem is, I'm not sure how to fix the error.

I get the same error if I do the same to ninchdl-listext and wmb_asm. I'm not a programmer, so I'm not really sure how to edit the Makefiles to get them to build. Can you help me with this?

Thanks again.
October 03, 2009 07:34PM
Don't rename the ninchdl-listext Makefile.nix, just use make -f Makefile.nix. Makefile already exists for ninchdl-listext, but is for the deprecated MINI app build.(Only works for NinCh v3, NinChv4 is used in US and JP.)
Try removing the text between lines 15 and 43.
wmb_asm can't be compiled on Linux, sorry. wmb_asm is only for assembling WMB packet captures into an .nds however, and is deprecated for Nintendo Channel captures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2009 07:38PM by yellowstar.
October 03, 2009 08:33PM
I commented out those lines in both the Makefile.nix for wc24decrypt and ninchdl-listext and I still get the error "Error expanding embedded variable." for both.

Also, once wc24decrypt downloads the csdata.LZ file, it decrypts it, then ninchdl-listext decompresses the LZSS file and further processes that?

Thanks.

Jonathan
October 04, 2009 01:14AM
I'm not sure how to fix that.(It doesn't output an line number for that variable expansion error, right?)
Once wc24decrypt downloads and decrypts csdata.LZ, ninchdl-listext decompresses the decrypted LZSS compressed file to get the dl list ID. That's used to download the dl list, LZSS compressed file(.LZ) on entxs.wapp.wii.com, where x is region. TLS is used for that server. ninchdl-listext then decompresses the dl list, and dumps demos and videos info and URLs from that decompressed dl list. To convert downloaded demos, you can use binconv. This doesn't have a Makefile, just use this in the wmb_asm directory: gcc -o binconv binconv.c
October 04, 2009 07:47AM
Would you be able to e-mail or PM me the linux binaries? My freebsd system has the linux emulator installed and should run them fine. And is wc24pubk.mod different for every wii or can I use someone else's if I can't get it from my Wii?

What dependencies are required? Do I need devkitarm or something?

Thanks.

Jonathan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2009 07:01PM by emuman100.
October 04, 2009 07:11PM
I guess I could PM Linux binaries compiled under Ubuntu. wc24pubk.mod is identical for every Wii, and is identical for every region and version of Nintendo Channel. wc24decrypt uses wget, ninchdl-listext uses curl.
October 05, 2009 06:10PM
Thanks for the binaries. I did manage to get wc24decrypt to build on my freebsd system by doing it manually:

gcc -c source/rijndael.c
gcc rijndael.o source/main.c
mv a.out wc24decrypt

The makefiles just don't work, so I'm going to have to figure out how to build ninchdl-listext. It looks like ninchdl-listext needs some stuff from the wii toolchain to build.

I'll dump my wii filesystem and see if I can find wc24pubk.mod.

Thanks.

Jonathan
October 05, 2009 08:33PM
No, the wii toolchain is not needed. Only the source files under the source directory are used for the Linux/Win32 builds, while with the MINI app build, those files and the source files in the directory with the makefiles are used.
October 06, 2009 07:38PM
I finally did build ninchdl-listext, I did it manually with gcc. wc24decrypt, both your linux binary and my freebsd build, work as they should. I made a dump of my wii filesystem, and I am using wc24pubk.mod, but I cannot tell if it's from the Nintendo Channel directory itself or possibly something else. There are two or three directories that have wc24pubk.bin that I have noticed, though I might have missed some. Anyway, I added wc24decrypt to my shell path, so when ninchdl-listext invokes it, it will run. When ninchdl-listext goes to parse the download list, both yours and my binary, seg fault. Maybe something was changed by Nintendo, I don't know. Have you tried on your end lately to see if yours seg faults? Here is the output of mine:

$ ./ninchdl-listext US en u 4
ninchdl-listext v1.0 by yellowstar.
wc24decrypt [entu.wapp.wii.com] CSData.bin wc24pubk.mod
wc24decrypt v1.0 by yellows8
wget [entu.wapp.wii.com]
--2009-10-06 03:33:13-- [entu.wapp.wii.com]
Resolving entu.wapp.wii.com... 209.170.115.97, 209.170.115.115
Connecting to entu.wapp.wii.com|209.170.115.97|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 13169 (13K) [text/plain]
Saving to: `csdata.LZ'

100%[======================================>] 13,169 --.-K/s in 0.06s

2009-10-06 03:33:13 (198 KB/s) - `csdata.LZ' saved [13169/13169]

WC24 header version is 0x1.
Content is AES-128-OFB encrypted.
gba header: aa8c1bc7, decompressed size: 11176987
curl -k --output 745592010.LZ [entus.wapp.wii.com]
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
117 352 117 352 0 0 311 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 1578
Decompressing...
gba header: 4f44213c, decompressed size: 5194785
Parsing...
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
October 07, 2009 09:28PM
You used the wrong wc24pubk.mod. wc24pubk.mod contains the WC24 AES key, thus the decrypted data is corrupted, so ninchdl-listext crashes when it attempts to process an empty file(404 on server). You need to dump this:(US NinCh wc24pubk.mod) /title/00010001/48415445/data/wc24pubk.mod
October 07, 2009 10:19PM
You were right, it worked like a charm once I used the right wc24pubk.mod . Shame they changed formats. It would have been so much easier if they used h.264.

Thank you so much for helping.

Jonathan
October 07, 2009 11:28PM
You're welcome. "h.264"? The EU csdata.LZ and v4 dl list for NinCh v4,(not yet released in EU) was just removed from the server today. This might that the EU Nintendo Channel may be released soon.
October 08, 2009 08:02AM
H.264 is a standardized mpeg4 codec. I never really tried doing it with other versions, because there was no way to play the videos. One more thing, what is the name of that utility to convert bin to nds for the ds demos? is it in the wmb-asm source or the ninchdl-listext source?

Thanks.

Jonathan
October 09, 2009 12:27AM
binconv, binconv.c under the wmb_asm directory.
October 10, 2009 07:57PM
Thanks again for all your help!

Jonathan
November 09, 2009 11:43PM
I'm also getting the "WC24 header version is 0x1." error, but i'm sure, i've used the right version of wc24pubk.mod ... Is there anything else that I could have done wrong?
November 10, 2009 01:27AM
"WC24 header version is 0x1." is not an error, that is always displayed. So ninchdl-listext is crashing? Post output displayed by ninchdl-listext, and your input.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login