Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IOS used by System Channels?

Posted by Rheotron 
IOS used by System Channels?
November 18, 2009 02:05AM
Hi,

Simple question.
I was wondering, do the System Channels (Mii Channel, Shop Channel) use and IOS to boot. I would assume that they do.

If so, which ones? Is there a list somewhere?

Thanks.
Re: IOS used by System Channels?
November 18, 2009 02:14AM
I don't know about the mii channel but I believe:

The Shop Channel uses IOS61
The News/Weather/Photo Channel all use IOS31

I might be wrong....
November 18, 2009 02:59AM
Everything uses an IOS. Unfortunately, I don't know of any listed documentation. I would try looking up each individual channel on our wiki [wiibrew.org]
November 18, 2009 03:19AM
I found this [wiibrew.org] which seems to list a lot of IOS as well as their function. Might be helpful for someone.
November 18, 2009 06:01PM
One way to find out would be to dump the tmd of the channel in question, as it has the IOS used in it.
November 19, 2009 07:23AM
How would I go about dumping the TMD?
November 19, 2009 07:32AM
Maybe this? I'm not sure its completely safe, so you'd want to have a bootmii NAND backup before you use it.....
November 19, 2009 06:42PM
FSToolbox would be the way to do it indeed. It should be perfectly safe for dumping files, writing files to NAND is more dangerous. But you dont need to do that. Still, I'd advise BootMii as Boot2 and a NAND dump first. You'd need to run the app (and have ES_Identify in the IOS it uses, not sure which that is, probably IOS36) and navigate to /title/0010002 (for System Channels), then select the right folder (find this in title database), then inside there will be several files. Navigate to the one called TMD and press -. This will dump it to SD Card. Do this for all channels you want (you can also do WW/VC games, by replacing the 2 at the end with a 1, then selecting the right folder for any particular game), then open the TMDs in a Hex Editor, go to the offset 0x184 and the next 8bytes (i.e. 16 digits) are the IOS the channel uses.
November 19, 2009 07:10PM
NUS Downloader says what IOS is required by the things it downloads. This is probably the easiest way to find out the IOS used by system channels.
November 19, 2009 07:32PM
Yes, that would work, provided they are in the NUSD database.
November 28, 2009 10:07AM
Generally speaking, most system menus use IOSx0; most "first-party channels" (such as the Mii Channel, Shopping Channel, etc) use IOSx1. (x depends on the version of the Revolution SDK used to build the channel.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login