Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

emulate Wiimote with computer

Posted by JK1659 
emulate Wiimote with computer
March 18, 2010 06:33PM
I'm working on medical research and we're currently trying to use the Wii as a training device. We're developing brain computer interfaces and want to sync the Wiimote to a computer, have the computer replace some of the Wiimote controls with brain control input, and then send the resulting set of combined inputs to the Wii console. Is there any way to do this? It seems like the easiest way would be to make the Wii console think the computer is a Wiimote via Bluetooth, but I haven't been able to find anyone who has successfully done this.

A simple example of what I'm trying to do: someone is hooked up to our brain computer interface and playing Wii bowling. They use the Wiimote as normal to play, except the Wiimote is paired with a PC instead of the Wii. The PC takes the accelerometer data from the Wiimote and pairs it with a control signal from our brain computer interface that replaces the Wiimote's B button. The resulting control is then sent to the Wii console from the computer and the console never knows that the B button control was just replaced.
Re: emulate Wiimote with computer
April 13, 2010 03:19AM
POO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2013 08:37AM by jamiroquai1fan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login