Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

System Menu Patching Format?

Posted by icefire 
System Menu Patching Format?
December 19, 2008 11:25PM
Would it be a good idea to have a starfall-like "patcher", that loaded patches off the SD card (that do things such as Remove BGM, skip disk update, etc) so you only need to make a file, rather than making whole new applications to patch the SysMenu?
Re: System Menu Patching Format?
December 20, 2008 10:05AM
GeckoOS allows you to reboot into the system menu with hooks, and will load "codes" off SD cards.
December 22, 2008 05:41AM
There are two different challenges here:

1) Come up with a good, standardized format for patches. I don't know what the "codes" look like, anyone have a link?

2) Apply patches from an SD card in an appropriate manner. I don't really care for the Starfall approach, but that's mostly a matter of taste and for many people it works pretty well.
December 22, 2008 05:57PM
I meant patches that STAY when you reboot the wii (Such as starfall)...so we could have like "move the disc channel" without having to start gecko os every time.
December 22, 2008 06:36PM
To add two cents: A 1-2 replacement like preloader that can (auto-)boot anything (including a menu patcher) from the SD card would be more flexible than an app that can just load patches in some predefined format.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login