Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EI_OSABI in syscall PPC_boot

Posted by arasium 
EI_OSABI in syscall PPC_boot
February 03, 2012 10:44AM
Hi,

i'm actually trying to understand how the ios kernel works. I've notice that the EI_OSABI of the elf header checked in PPC_boot syscall is compared to the value 61.

What is this value? I've tried to find it in specific elf for PPC specification, but indicated values doesn't match to 61.

Edit: To add, the e_machine is set to ARM???!!!! This should be PPC no?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2012 10:51AM by arasium.
Re: EI_OSABI in syscall PPC_boot
February 03, 2012 06:02PM
That syscall has 2 paths. One is for booting DOLs, the other is for booting ELFs. The path for booting ELFs is normally not used (never?); it's for booting "hybrid" ELF files that can contain both ARM and PPC code, kind of like MIOS (although MIOS isn't booted this way).
February 03, 2012 06:51PM
Tueidj, your answers are always very helpfull. Thank you very much.
February 07, 2012 03:49PM
tueidj, you seems to have a lot of knowledge about the ios.
Actually, i'm trying to reverse the ios kernel (only IOSP actually) in order to create a full cios (not a patched one).
I've done some stuff reversing the code with IDA but i'm sure that some people has already reverse it before me (TT, you or other devs). So do you have any idb to share? It will help me to don't waste time on stuff already done by other devs.

To add, i haven't the time to update the wiibrew wiki, but if a can gain some time with an idb, i think i will also update the wiki to help the community.

Have a good day.

PS: sorry to put that in a forum post instead of a MP, but the MP seems broken....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login