Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gamecube mode

Posted by bushing 
Gamecube mode
August 21, 2008 07:55AM
If someone wants to play with GC mode, it looks like the system menu does this to boot the Wii into GC mode, which should cause the currently-inserted GC disc to be launched:

#define BC 0x0000000100000100ULL

u32 *cc_reg = (u32 *)0xCC003024;

*ccreg |= 7;

tikview view;

int retval = ES_GetTicketViews(BC, &view, 1);

if (retval != 0) OSPanic("fail");
retval = ES_LaunchTitle(BC, &view);
OSPanic("fail!!!1");

Experiment, discuss.
Re: Gamecube mode
August 22, 2008 12:01AM
What's the "ccreg" part for?
August 25, 2008 10:35AM
YaGCD States:
0xCC003024 	4 	?/? 	Reset? Writing anything here seems to cause a complete reset.
August 25, 2008 04:28PM
both commands work (i.e. valid return value and ES_LaunchTitle does not return), the wii's slot led blinks and i get greeted by the system menu's warning screen instead of my GC game then... :/
August 31, 2008 02:22AM
so, if someone puts this into their homebrew, it will boot into GC mode? If that's the case, could this get GC homebrew to run?
September 01, 2008 04:09AM
strongfan
so, if someone puts this into their homebrew, it will boot into GC mode? If that's the case, could this get GC homebrew to run?
No, this launches the BC title, which switches to gamecube mode and launches an inserted gamecube disc. It doesn't really enable anything new.
September 01, 2008 10:13AM
Example application of booting BC.
[www.wiibrew.org]
September 02, 2008 01:12AM
tona
strongfan
No, this launches the BC title, which switches to gamecube mode and launches an inserted gamecube disc. It doesn't really enable anything new.
But maybe if you made a special type of disc with the GC-Homebrew that you want to run, like a self-booting image. Or something. Would this ever be able to run GC homebrew, maybe from the DVD in GC-mode triggered from Wii homebrew? I know it has some complications like the fact that it would have to launch burnt GC discs which could eventually lead to GC-backups being run. But it's just an idea...And to be honest, nobody really gives a shit about the gamecube much anymore seeing as it's dead and you can buy gamecube games for dirt cheap (Like $5).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login