Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem compiling SDL for GC-Linux

Posted by georgp24 
Problem compiling SDL for GC-Linux
December 11, 2010 06:43PM
I try to compile SDL on GC-Linux for the Wii. I downloaded the libsdl tarball from the CVS page at the GC-Linux sourceforge site and put the directory into /root/src/libsdl. (I also tried downloading with CVS directly with the same results.)

Following that I downloaded SDL-1.2.8 and put that as well in /root/src/SDL-1.2.8. Then copied the files from root/src/libsdl into root/src/SDL-1.2.8.

When running Automake 1.10 in root/src/SDL-1.2.8 I get the message:

whiite:~/src/SDL-1.2.8# ./autogen.sh
Generating build information using aclocal, automake and autoconf
This may take a while ...
acinclude.m4:363: the serial number must appear before any macro definition
/usr/share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCCAS does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am:   The usual way to define `am__fastdepCCAS' is to add `AM_PROG_AS'
/usr/share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am:   to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
Makefile.am:88: use `install-data-hook' or `install-exec-hook', not `install-hook'
Now you are ready to run ./configure
whiite:~/src/SDL-1.2.8#

When running ./configure --without-x --disable-video-x11 ...etc.... the following appears:

config.status: WARNING:  src/endian/Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: creating src/file/Makefile
config.status: WARNING:  src/file/Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: creating src/cpuinfo/Makefile
config.status: WARNING:  src/cpuinfo/Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: creating src/hermes/Makefile
config.status: WARNING:  src/hermes/Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: creating sdl-config
config.status: creating SDL.spec
config.status: creating SDL.qpg
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing default commands
whiite:~/src/SDL-1.2.8#

When running make I get:

whiite:~/src/SDL-1.2.8# make
 cd . && automake-1.10 --foreign
/usr/share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCCAS does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am:   The usual way to define `am__fastdepCCAS' is to add `AM_PROG_AS'
/usr/share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am:   to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
Makefile.am:88: use `install-data-hook' or `install-exec-hook', not `install-hook'
make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1

How is it possible to compile SDL for GC-Linux?

Georg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login